Best Andriod App for Tracking

Options
What is the best andriod app for tracking running/jogging/walking and give me the acurate cal burned and acurate distance as well. I am using runkeeper and runtastic but really doubt if they are acurate.

Replies

• The_Transforming_Journey
    Options
    I really like the 'Map My Walk/Run/Bike Ride' (they have an app for everything! :laugh:) apps on Android & have found them to be extremely accurate
  • athryn
    athryn Posts: 59
    Options
    Endomondo is pretty good and it integrates with MFP. They have a free version with ads, and a paid version with some extra features.
  • jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I recently downloaded the Nike+ app and I'm not sure if the calorie burn was acurate ( I forgot to wear my heart rate monitor that day) but it kept track of my time and distance really nicely...at each mile it tells you that you ran a mile and the average pace....I had tried using Runkeeper in the past and had trouble with the GPS signal...but that was on an older android phone so that may have had something to do with it.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I use endomondo, it also has the benefit that you can sync accounts with MFP and it will auto log your calories.

I also use Zombies, run!, but that's another story.
  • rdpage90
    rdpage90 Posts: 13
    Options
    I've used a few and endomondo is the best I've used.
  • BigTnew
    BigTnew Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use runtastic pro and am happy enough with the performance. If you are not using a HRM calorie burn will always just be an estimate with any of these apps.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I use MapMyWalk

I tried Endomondo for a while and yes it was handy the way it synced with MFP but I had far too many problems with it, including it just turning itself off at least twice, just for fun.
  • hellolouisey
    Options
    I use CardioTrainer as it's free and easy to use, but as I've not used any others I'd be interested to hear suggestions too.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments and also the question I'm interested in what other use as well!!
  • whankammer
    whankammer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for indoor & outdoor tracking or strictly outdoor?

If you're looking for indoor & outdoor, out of the 4 I've used Nike+ would be the best.
    Outdoor only - I'd go with Endomondo. People say they have issues with it turning off or auto-pausing runs...I've never had that issue on the Pro version and I've been using it for over a year.

If you're looking for a more social aspect out door tracker I'd go wtih any of the MapMyWhatevers. It's all personal choice and what YOU want to get out of it.

NONE are good for just calorie tracking unless you get a HRM to go with it. Endomondo and I think a couple of others (depending on your phone and if it supports it) have a HRM that you can get. Otherwise it's just all an estimation. I find that Endomondo was usually over by about 10% while Nike+ and MapMyFitness was only about 5% difference from my HRM.
  • hellolouisey
    Options
    Is syncing Endomondo with MFP a feature of the free or paid app? I've just downloaded the free version, but it's not immediately obvious to me...
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    Is syncing Endomondo with MFP a feature of the free or paid app? I've just downloaded the free version, but it's not immediately obvious to me...

Free, but you need to go to the online website to change the settings to sync your accounts.
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    I've never had an issue with Endomondo turning off and I only have the free app. You can add friends, create routes and share routes all on the free app.

Last night I was able to track my wife LIVE during her dog walk, and you can type in 'pep talk' messages that are played out loud to the user you're messaging. It also gives distance and pace announcements like other apps that have been mentioned. It also tracks elevation, something missing from some apps.