Boob job?!?!

Options
New to the site do wasn't sure quite where to put this post ?! :S

Anyway..
I'm having a boob job in 10 weeks time which is why I joined the site as I want to make sure I'm at least making good progress towards getting in shape and tightening everything up by the time I have the procedure, but that's not why I'm posting.
I told a few close friends and relatives about my plans and everyone seems very negative and judgemental about my decision for surgery, is it wrong or stupid to have plastic surgery if you believe it will improve your life and confidence ? X

Replies

• kelleyclover
    kelleyclover Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    GO FOR IT! Don't worry about what others think.
  • WanderingLass
    WanderingLass Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You have to do what's best for you. You have to live with yourself for the rest of your life. Make the decision based on that, not on what others say.
  • Charlixoxo
    Charlixoxo Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    A lot of people seem to be against it, but I completely understand where you are coming from! Since I've lost weight, I've completely lost my boobs- if I had the money I would be getting mine done!

If it will make you feel more confident and happier, then go for it! It doesn't matter what other people think, it's your body and your life! :)
    Good luck!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i would like to heard from u after you get it done
    i want to do it too.
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    If this is what YOU want to do, and it will help you to feel better about yourself, then yes it is the right thing to do. Don't expect everyone to agree with your decision. That's just life. Everyone has an opinion. But no one can tell you the right thing for YOU to do. Only you know that. Some people think that once the door to cosmetic surgery is open, it's a slippery slope and you will want to change everything about yourself. But that's not true.

I have considered augmentation myself, since I have lost over 60 pounds and nursed two kids. But I want more children, so it will have to wait until after I'm done nursing.

Good luck on your procedure. I hope that everything goes smoothly for you.
  • stephcalcott
    stephcalcott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I had one and experienced the same thing. Some people are very negative but you just can't let them get to you. It's your body and your life and, it turns out their opinions are just that - personal opinions. Just make sure you do your research before on the pros and cons of over the muscle vs. under the muscle, different shapes of implants in relation to your size, saline vs. silicone, etc.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Never fancied it myself because I hate needles, pain etc. But if its want you want (and you're doing it for you, not for your partner!) then go for it. Check out if there's any restrictions on diet/fitness post-op in case you've got plans for something you have to change (like I guess running a marathon would not be good!)
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Go for it. As long as you're doing it for you!
  • amrozes
    amrozes Posts: 26
    Options
    I think people who say negative things are really just jealous. I've not had mine done (YET) but when all this weight is finally off, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'm going to have the girls lifted and enhanced :-). Go for it if you are doing it for you!
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Your body, your life, your decision! I've had some friends who have done it and been thrilled by the results! Enjoy, lady :)
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Make sure you use a reputable surgeon. Plastic surgery is still surgery and comes with a whole host of (potentially life-threatening) risks, so the least that you can do is make sure you're minimising those risks.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i have had one done too, and it was one of the best decisions i made :) dont let anybody else stop you, its your life/decision, as long as your doing it for the right reasons, sod what anybody else thinks
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    My sister had a bunch of complications with hers, & now has 2 more surgeries to go through because of it. So... it's not as safe as you might think. Stuff goes wrong.

I guess it's a question of how important it is to you.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I say go for it (:
    When I get where I want to be ill be on that train with you (:
    As long as your happy getting them that's all that really matters
  • LCordeiro
    Options
    Are you having a reduction...I had one three years ago and it was the best decision that I made...Everyone is going to put in their two cents, but you need to do what makes you feel better...Believe me I now enjoy exercising. Good luck!
  • AmberLee2012
    Options
    I have thought about getting one in the past from gaining and losing weight but my husband loves me the way I am and I don't think I could handle the pain and recovery time. Plus, there is always the possibility that your body could reject the implants which would make it much more expensive and painful. That being said, my friend had hers done and they looked great! She has had a baby now and I haven't seen what they look like, but I'm sure they still look great. I think if this is what you really want and if you have weighed all the pros and cons, you should go for it. Good luck :)
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Cosmetic surgery should be done for ones self not anyone else. I had a tummy tuck 6 months ago and had very little support from friends and family. You have to do what's right for you.
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Surgery is an extreme option, and I'm a bit sad to hear that you can't love your body as is, or as you can make natural changes to it.

That said, it *IS* your body. As long as you're doing this for you, and not to meet someone else's expectations, it's up to you.

My rule of thumb: listen to what other people have to say. Not their opinions, but their *reasons* for those opinions. If you've already thought of those reasons, you're done. If they give you a reason you hadn't heard before, do your own thinking about it, and reach your own decision.

Best!
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I used to be against plastic surgery, than my mom had her boobs done and they make her look AMAZING!!! If it makes you happy and confident, who cares what other people think. If it makes you happy and confident, do it!!!