Do you eat your earned food calories?

Options
I'm new here (2nd week) and did not lose last week...actually gained a pound. I'm a little depressed about the gain as I thought I really did pretty good last week. However, I know I didn't drink enough water...would that have made such a big difference? My goal is 1200 calories a day, but of course when I exercise it adds more food calories to my day. Sometimes I eat all those calories, sometimes just some of them. What should I be doing? Should I remain only eating 1200 calories even if I exercise and earn more ? Maybe save the extra calories for a special occasion or what?

Thanks for the help
Jan

Replies

• jan412
    jan412 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm new here (2nd week) and did not lose last week...actually gained a pound. I'm a little depressed about the gain as I thought I really did pretty good last week. However, I know I didn't drink enough water...would that have made such a big difference? My goal is 1200 calories a day, but of course when I exercise it adds more food calories to my day. Sometimes I eat all those calories, sometimes just some of them. What should I be doing? Should I remain only eating 1200 calories even if I exercise and earn more ? Maybe save the extra calories for a special occasion or what?

Thanks for the help
    Jan
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I don't. Then again here lately I haven't been netting 1200 cal. either (which I guess I should). I try to burn 500-700 cal. per day; I try to leave no less than 300-500 cal.
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    Most people on here have found that you need to eat your exercise calories! I know sound ironic, but here's a post that helps to explain it. As far as saving up for special occasions, I have no idea... sorry!
    hope this helps!:flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9614-newbies-please-read-me
  • jan412
    jan412 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the help. My mom was telling me the same thing a couple days ago that sometimes you gain weight before you start losing. I know that moms know best...because I am one..lol , but it's reassuring to hear the information again from another source.

Thanks again for the great info.
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that. I felt like I couldn't eat all the calories b/c less calories in means less of me, right? I can actually eat more now; although I'm not that hungry. I guess I will have to eat more...oh darn:laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!