Living wheat, yeast, dairy free.

Options
Hello all, I'm 29 years old and looking to be healthy by 30. I have recently given up some of my favorite foods, bread and cheese (due to sensitivity). I have been losing weight but I'm bored with the foods I'm eating. I would love motivation and also suggestions on recipes (swapping recipes is fun!)

Also, need more suggestions on low impact exercises. I have some physical limitations but I still want to be able to work out!

Replies

• Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/ Pretty much everything here minus the ones with dairy.
  • Kimikaze79
    Kimikaze79 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Research the Primal or Paleo lifestyle. There are loads of resources on the internet with wonderful recipes and advice. I recenlty gave up wheat and dairy due to sensativity also and I am loosely following the Paleo diet. Although I slip sometimes with rice (sushi) and Goats sheese (I find it's just cows milk am sensative to). Good luck to you! Feel free to friend me if you would like :)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I have many of the same issues. I cannot have wheat or other gluten products, dairy, soy, coconut, and several other grains. It is a challenge but it can be done.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I just had organic bbq sauce (gluten-free) chicken wings/drummettes for dinner.

Eggs/avocados with salsa/omelets work great.

Fajitas/burritos/tacos/taco salads but without sour cream or cheese are great (corn, not wheat tortillas).
  • ifyouwanttosingout
    Options
    You may already be aware, but Food for Life makes a really good brown rice bread that's wheat & yeast free.

http://www.foodforlife.com/product-catalog/yeast-free-products/breads/176C6-Whole-Grain-Brown-Rice-Bread
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    chowstalker.com
  • givemenovember
    givemenovember Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your posts.
    I am very aware of the paleo diet as my friends do it, but I do eat rice as I am not a big meat eater.
    I will also check out all these websites, thanks!
  • givemenovember
    Options
    Food for Life is pretty great, I'm glad I'll be moving soon and will be closer to a store that carries their products. I do like to have a piece of brown flour toast with sunflower butter as a snack.
  • eventualrecovery
    Options
    chocolatecoveredkatie.com is an AMAZING vegan dessert blog, and most of her recipes can be gluten free c: They're all super healthy, too.

Here's the link for gluten free: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/tag/gluten-free/
  • lyssey88
    lyssey88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I follow a diet that is basically the Paleo Diet although i dont eat soy or eggs (but do occasionally have brown rice!). I find that soups are great for lunches (which I often have with paddadums for a bit of crunch), and then for dinner currys are great - as an alternative to brown rice you can cblend/ grate cauliflower to a rice-like consistency, feels like your eating the real thing! Other dinner options are things like tacos (no cheese), stirfrys, roast vegetables with meat, felafel, salads, quinoa....and for snacks I live off raw nuts and seeds!
  • givemenovember
    Options
    I really need more friends to motivate me. I am on a roll, over 20 lbs lost since I've started my restrictive diet from the foods I am sensitive to.
  • mimiyo1980
    mimiyo1980 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan, GF, WF, Sugar free for a few months now (although only joined here last week) Feel free to add me for recipe ideas. Loving the green smoothies at the moment for breakfast and just has a taco salad with roast aubergine, mushroom and corgettes with tomoato salsa. Thai cooking is also great with gluten free soy sauce, agave nectar to sweeten and all the usual herbs and lots of lime.
  • givemenovember
    Options
    Bump! I really need some friends who also have restrictive diets due to sensitivity. Good luck everyone!
  • uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I created a new group for people following a wheat and dairy free diet. Feel free to join http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12949-wheat-and-dairy-free-diet