Adding exercise into your daily routine

Options
bufger
bufger Posts: 763 Member
First of all i'll introduce myself, im Mr Lazy! I do P90X intermitently and strength training now and then but im not committed to it for any large length of time. I've got the hang of the diet, i never eat over maintenance and often eat under to lose but I could never get my rear end into gear! I really hate the thought of going out and exercising for a particular purpose even though that purpose is a good one.

Well now i've finally cracked it. I sneaked exercise into my every day activities and only do stuff I enjoy!

First off I went back to playing basketball, its an unbelievable burn and I play once a week. Thats my fun activity and I look forward to it each time.

Secondly I took a second job that was outdoors and enjoyable. My full time job is in an office, its fairly dull and I love being outdoors so once a week I marshall at my local paintball field for teams playing woodsball. This basically involves running around in the woods for 7 hours! I havent worked out the burn accurately but its up there close to 1500 for the day.

Thirdly I take the stairs wherever I go. Its a small personal challenge i've started to love. Each day at work I climb 3 flights at least 3 times per day.

The last one is my latest one. I normally drive 3 miles to someones house who then drives us into work. It cuts fuel costs massively but for me it meant I had a car that would sit there unused most of the day and i'd still be paying insurance and tax. Now I go on my bike every single morning whether its snowing, raining or sunshine. Thats 6 miles 5 days a week that I dont even notice!

So yeah, I dont like the gym but i've managed to save tons of money and get a good workout by altering my daily routine. Perhaps you can too?

Replies

• Socalgal13
    Options
    I love how you have added exercise as part of your lifestyle. I actually like to go to the gym, and find it really strange others will only go to the gym for the purpose of weight loss then stop when they make goal, and eventually gain it back. You have to like what you do