Anyone tried Insanity??

Options
So..i've been thinking about ordering Insanity so that I'll have a regular and set workout routine to help myself kickstart some results xD Has anyone tried Insanity that was looking to lose more than 50lbs? & if so , how did it go and when did you start to see results? (:
Thanks a bunches for any insight,
XO (:

Replies

• susanfrancis40
    susanfrancis40 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have loads to lose and am not sure if I will manage Insanity. However I have parted with my cash and bought the set. Just got to face up to my fear and open the box now :)
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    did it , loved it! lost a lot of inches, my cardio endurance went through the roof and i had a blast :)
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 tonight after work. I love Insanity, best cardio workout ever. Just go at your own pace and take breaks when you need to. Eventually as you get stronger you'll be able to go faster and take less breaks.Good luck with Insanity.
  • Strawberrygir19
    Strawberrygir19 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1 of Insanity. So far so good. It's intense. But if you need a break take it. if you can't go as fast as the people on the DVD, don't. Go at your own pace. I've been an avid exerciser for years and I can't keep up with them sometimes. Just don't give up.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    forgot to add that i saw the most significant results in month 2. it was as if the fat disappeared overnight!
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am almost done Insanity, I saw changes as early as 2 weeks into the program. I love it!!
  • deeruns
    deeruns Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Insanity is an AWESOME program. You see results immediately, you lose inches, you gain muscle - I can't say enough.

That said, it's hard on your joints (plyometrics out the wazoo), so if you have any problems I'd stay away. Many had told me this, and I ignored them. About 6 weeks into the program, I was finding it hard to walk up and down stairs on the torn meniscus that hadn't bothered me since physical therapy years ago. My Beachbody coach and I finally agreed that it was just better to let the program go.

If that's not a concern, GO for it. Just expect to hate your mornings... and remember, it'll never get easy, but that doesn't mean you're failing - it means the program is working ;).
  • dontgobacktosleep
    dontgobacktosleep Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I followed the nutrition plan and lost 22lbs in the first month. Had to take a break to get over a run of antibiotics. Going to try starting over today in fact!

I love it for the simplicity, otherwise I might never execute!
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Cupcakebettiejo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have 2 weeks left of Insanity and have had lots changes mainly i'm shrinking! :smile: I'm much stronger and i have better endurance:) I love it so much i'm thinking about doing round 2!

Good luck!
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Not going to sugar coat it. It is a hard workout but if you take breaks when you need it, but also push yourself you can do it. In the first 2 weeks I lost 4 inches. I am 4ish weeks into it and at first I could not do a push up. Well I am up to 10 man push ups. It is worth the money and dedication.

Also my profile pic is day 1 and day 21 in insanity.
  • jaynita2
    jaynita2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I are starting week 5 tonight. We're halfway through! It's been the toughest program that I have ever done consistently. Glad that I have him to put the dvd in and push play, b/c otherwise it wouldn't happen. I love that I'm starting to see results, mostly inches but some pounds too. Makes the sweat and tears (not really tears) all worth it! If you have wood floors, you will need to keep a towel and/or mop on hand to soak up the sweat...tmi but I'm soooo serious! This testimonial is coming from a real live ex-couch potato. :happy:
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Yes..and while I have enjoyed it my friends and family wish I was just normal...For the record, I am not going back....
  • bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Starting week 2 today!! This is my 2nd round of it. Last time was about 2 years ago! Very intense, no equipment needed!
  • TwinkiesNKetchup
    Options
    I totally want to do it but I'm chicken, I feel old everyday from running, this looks so intense!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Not going to sugar coat it. It is a hard workout but if you take breaks when you need it, but also push yourself you can do it.
    Cant agree more, the program is pretty brutal and you could easily get discouraged by it being too hard or injuring yourself.

If you decide to do it, my advice is that if you are going to purchase something like this go in with the idea that you own this for life. Plan on showing up every day and do what you can. If you have to take some time off due to life events, illness, injury or fatigue, go ahead. The program will still be there waiting for you when you get back to it.

Many people who have had dramatic results sometimes have to do the program a couple of times all the way through. So if you only lose 25 the first time, maybe youll lose the rest of the 50 the second time? 50lbs in 60 days is A LOT for your body to go through. Whatever you decide to do I wish you the best of luck and good health along the way!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity and liked it. I didn't have much to lose weight-wise but I did lose a few inches. I'm actually thinking about starting it up again beginning tomorrow (today is just the fit test and I don't really need to do it) along with my regular gym schedule since I just got back to that earlier this month.

It really is a tough workout. What I like about it is that because it's 6 days a week I am forced to do a workout whether I want to or not.

If you do decide to do it the main thing is to pace yourself. Don't think you have to keep up with the people in the video. Take breaks when you need to and drink your water! I took breaks up until the very last day I did the program. I also gave myself small goals each time I did the workout so that I did better the next time for example one goal would be to make it through the warm up without a break. Then make it a minute further than I did the last time during the workout. Things like that to push myself and keep me going.

Sometimes you'll feel like throwing in the towel and quit but DON'T!

Also be mindful of how you land when you do the jumps, placement of your knees when you squat and your over all form.
  • MissDeAnn
    MissDeAnn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I Do insanity and I feel better and I have lost inches. I have toned up all over my body and got muscles and places I never thought I would get them. I start week five today. I encourage you to try it my advice is to break when you need to and modify exercises when you can't do certain ones and drink plenty of water...Best wishes.
  • MissDeAnn
    MissDeAnn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I saw changes after two weeks in.
  • lstok873
    lstok873 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I finished my first 63 days of Insanity in February and am currently in week 4 of round two. I'm sick & took a short 3 day break to recoup..and will be back up and going tomorrow.

Like others said, its hard. And unfortunately, I've seen alot of people on here start and stop Insanity pretty quick. Don't overdo it. Go at your own pace, and don't get frustrated if you don't lose in the first month. I lost 7lbs in the first week (system shock?) then nothing till recovery week when I started losing 1-3 lbs/week. Since then I've continued to lose even with short breaks of exercise.
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    I'm in week 7 of the program. I love it very much. The first month was not as intense as I had expected but it still kicked my butt. I lost about 6-7 lbs after 5 weeks which is not a lot but considering that I lost 25 lbs from doing P90X right before and I don't have much body fat to lose, I'm happy with that result. Almost 3 weeks left on the program, I'm hoping to lose another 5 lbs.

I have a Insanity workout group here:http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12681-p90x-insanity-asylum-join-us-get-support-here

Feel free to join!