Lost motivation

Options
I am back on here after several days away due to suffering with a stomach bug. Trying to get back on track but could do with some motivation. Has anyone got any advice/tips?

Replies

• bitsyland
    bitsyland Posts: 49
    Options
    Remember why you came here in the first place....... I'm sorry you took ill...I hope your doing better now. You can't just give up because of a little set back....look at all the people around you here ...we have all had a setback of some sort...but we have to push through it....you can do this :)
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    You will find loads of us, including me, have had stomach bugs, colds and just generally the worse for wear this winter

Personally i look upon tummy bug as bit of a cloud with silver lining, you feel rotten, can' t eat, do not fancy food. great, have a 24 hour fast, sip water, it does not kill you and may even give the weight loss a kick up the *kitten*
  • Stephanie_Jean
    Stephanie_Jean Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just make a few small changes for now and ease into it! Your tummy probably doesn't feel like a whole lot of fiber right now! All the best to you!
  • redshaz73
    redshaz73 Posts: 54
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the advice.

I am gradually starting to feel better and have managed to eat a bit more today:smile:
  • Sibbie0828
    Sibbie0828 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I lost motivation too, for awhile - not because I was sick, but because I accomplished a big goal of running a marathon and during the training didn't lose anything (I wasn't eating enough). So, I felt like "eff it." I took some time away and realized that I needed to make some adjustments and not throw away a year of work. If you get off-track for any reason - for a day, a week, a month, a year - just try to get back to it. Personally, I'm trying not to look at it as "starting over" but just continuing the life-long journey. If I think about "starting over" I freak out, feel guilty, and end up failing. I've been better thinking about it as a journey - ups and downs, starts and stops - but eventually you can (and will!) get to your destination. Maybe that approach will work for you as well?

Good luck!