pcos/infertility/weight gain and hopeless!

Options
:sad:

Replies

• nemmigirl93
    nemmigirl93 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I have PCOS and was recently also diagnosed with hypothyroidism. They put me on thyroxine though and I have lost 45 lbs so far. It's true what they say about the symptoms of PCOS improving with weight loss though :)
  • fairie_marie
    Options
    BTDT! With a combo of Levoxyl and Metformin I am starting to see progress.! There is hope :) I have lost 26 lbs in 2 months since having my Met upped to 1500 a day..
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Nothing is hopeless. I was diagnosed with pcos and hypothyroidism after my first child and I thought it was hopeless too, but I was placed on levothyroxene for the thyroid and have even had a second child since then and am steadily losing weight do not lose hope it will happen just slowly.
  • jenhanke
    jenhanke Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS about 4 years ago and spent the first 3 years being upset about it. 1 year ago, I started doing Zumba class twice a week and walking more often. I do NOT skip my Zumba classes! Believe it or not, for a year straight now, I have gotten my period every single month!!! Before that, I was lucky if I got it once every 3 months. Now that I've spent a year getting used to exercising regularly, I've kicked it into high gear... eating right and exercising 4-5 times per week! I hope that by this time next year, even MORE of my PCOS symptoms will go away!

We can do this!!!!!!!!!!!
  • _zombiegirl_
    _zombiegirl_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hang in there... All I know is what you posted in the topic subject, but if you were diagnosed infertile due to the PCOS, don't believe it. I was told the same thing (I have PCOS and would probably never have kids), and I have a completely healthy 2-year-old daughter. I met a friend on here who was diagnosed with possible PCOS, lost a lot of weight, and now that her hormones have leveled out, they have retracted that diagnosis. With a lot of hard work and discipline, I have lost 12.5 pounds in a little over a month. All I take is birth control. You can do it. Don't give up. :)
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up. I know it feels hopeless, but it isn't. It just takes a lot more work and diligence that it does for others. You can do this. It will be hard and frustrating, but you can do this. I promise you that you will feel so much better as the weight starts to come off. Your hormones will start to regulate, you will have more energy and it will start coming off a bit faster.

Think of your weight loss like a train pulling out of the station...it starts moving along at a snail's pace and then, as it builds up steam, it gets faster and faster until its finally moving at a steady pace.

The first ten pounds I lost took forever!!! I was so frustrated. But I got through it and now I'm coming up on 35lbs and I feel great. I actually ran up the stairs this weekend.

You will have to be very careful about what you eat, fruits, veggies, lean proteins and whole grains. You can do this!

Good luck to you in your journey!!
  • youcandooeet
    youcandooeet Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS, and am worried about how long it will take, or if I"ll even be able to get pregnant. All of my female cousins have had major issues with fertility :( I want to get as healthy as I possibly can to make it easier when the time comes. I've been married four years, and we plan on starting to try in a year or two. Gotta prepare myself!

Anyone can add me! :)
  • OMGItsErinPratt
    OMGItsErinPratt Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too and have struggled with infertility for the past 8 years. I was married with I was 19 and we had unprotected sex for 5 years and never once got close to getting pregnant. When we divorced, I was placed on birth control and a year later met my fabulous fiance. I still have PCOS but have now found a reason to lose weight and try and reverse it. We want to have a child together and what better way that to lose weight and get healthy. :) We can do this! Together as a group of PCOS girls trying to lose weight. Anyone, feel free to add me. :)
  • brideofsuperman
    brideofsuperman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. It's not a death sentence for having children like they make it sound. I have had PCOS since I was 16. I am also the proud mother of two little boys. Weight loss is harder for us but it can be done. Every pound lost will help with the symptoms. Find good people like the ones on here :) to keep you motivated. The medical community can be a great help, just be picky when choosing the doctors to see. Find someone who treats you like a human and not a number on a scale.
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Saw your post and well I had to encourage you to keep going! I have severe endometriosis...we tried for two years...I lost 85 pounds on Atkins....two surgeries and fertility drugs. And nine and a half years ago our son was born ! Don't give up no matter how frustrating .

(Yes after Atkins as soon as I started eating carbs again the weight came back but that's for another thread :)
  • luvaddo
    luvaddo Posts: 13
    Options
    I have been TTC a lil ove a year and it just seem impossible. ...I'm really working on getting healthy though!
  • luvaddo
    Options
    thx dear :)
  • sonu1984
    sonu1984 Posts: 1
    Options
    hi I too have been diagnosed to have PCOS 5 months ago. i have irregular periods and am trying to conceive. My doctor has placed me on metformin 500 mg before dinner once a day. However it does not seem to have much effect on me. i know i am overweight and need to loose 35 pounds. somehow I feel loosing weight wil have positive effect on my disease.however, the difficulties which i am facing are- i am living sedentary life. i really am very lazy to go for a walk. I have started walk and yoga many times but am unable to continue more than 4 times. over that since i am lacto vegetarian , most of my diet is full of carbs and very less protein. i just love sweets and so am having a hard time to stay away... Cravings for sweets are so high that i can't avoid them for long. it make me feel really depressed. I need continued motivation. and so am looking for people so we can move to this journey together.
  • luvaddo
    Options
    well my dear you are at the right place. we can do this together, lose weight and most of all get healthy. I have been really good and I have lost 6 lbs in 2 wks:smile: . Just try your best to cut back on the sweets, carbs and be a bit active; that can be a start.