Social Worker trying to lose some weight...

Options
Hi, I'm Gabriella and I'm doing the insanity-program. I already notice changes, but there still lots of work to do.

Hope to find nice people here to chat about losing weight.

Bye..

Replies

• shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Shelley. I also have a BSW, graduated 12/2011 and yet to find a job. I have lost a lot of weight with MFP before. I gained all of the weight back after my mom passed away and my thyroid went out. I am notorious for losing motivation and not checking in. I definitely need to be held accountable. I am going to be in my sister's wedding at the start of September and would like to be down 30 lbs by then. ADD me if you like. Looking for friends to help motivate and keep me coming back here everyday.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm a SW also... friend request on the way :) Welcome.
  • tskalicky
    tskalicky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. I too have done well and then something happens and I gain it back. I was on Jenny Craig about 1 1/2 yrs ago and lost about 26 pounds but then I had surgery and from then.....you get the picture. Now I'm back and this is the first time I've used MFP. I have officially started March 1st and have lost 6 pounds so far.....slowly but surely.

Thea Skalicky
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    What happened to you, Gabriella?
  • youareorange
    youareorange Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I'm an aspiring social worker! Hoping to do my masters next year....
  • Eabec
    Eabec Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    LMSW here too :)

Isn't Social Working stressful! At my job, in the last 12 years here - I've gained 40 lbs! So, topping out at 168, I'm trying to get back to 135-140.

I used to be able to eat whatever I wanted. Now, even at 1200- cals and working out 5 days a week, it's so hard to lose even 1 lb.