I don't really know what I am doing.

Options
I have been using MFP for the past few weeks to get back on track with my eating habits. I have been using the food and exercise diaries and have been reading the message boards but this is my first post.

Can you please tell me how I get friends and have you any tips to help me get maximum benefit from the system.

Many Thanks
Sandy

Replies

• davidoneill1914
    davidoneill1914 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like :-) its as simple as that
  • smokeyg01
    smokeyg01 Posts: 1,064
    Options
    you can add me too!
  • Liliansamata
    Liliansamata Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Add me if you wish!
  • NipsGhost
    NipsGhost Posts: 46
    Options
    I see you've got the friends part down. As for tips using the system, one of the first things I did, and still do, is to read through the older forum postings. Some of those are EXTREMELY helpful.
  • Mylolamia
    Mylolamia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I have been on here now since Sept. '12...love the site. The best way to lose I have found is to follow MFP's guidelines for food, make sure your setting is correct for exercise (sedentary, lightly active), log all your foods, nothing works better than being honest with yourself.

I have sent you a friend request.

Diane
  • KarmelMocha
    KarmelMocha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Good morning, the same as everyone, please feel free to add me as a friend. As a young lady mentioned, make sure to set your goals correctly and be honest with yourself. Drink plenty of water and don't overwhelm yourself with numbers, once you get a system right more you, all else will fall into place...
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster who said to read the older posts. The newbie posts. They are very helpful.
  • CMGoodie
    CMGoodie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning...understanding how difficult it is, you may add me to your friend list also.
  • SusanKKO
    SusanKKO Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandy,

I'm new too, so I'm sort of in the same boat. I'm hoping if I stick with the food recommendations I'll see results. Only time will tell, but I think it should work. I'll send a friend request and we can help cheer each other on!

Susan
  • ilonawie
    ilonawie Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • jazminequintero
    Options
    HI IM NEW JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO ENTER MY JOGGING THAT I DO EVERYDAY I DO 3 MILES ?? ANYONE
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    the more you post and interact, the more friend requests you will get.

There is a ton of great information on the site through the search feature depending on whether you are looking for help with calories, protein, exercise, etc.
  • Scarlett_S
    Options
    Something else - log everything at first, especially if you aren't seeing results. I got away from logging on the weekends and when I finally made myself start doing it again, I was shocked at the calorie consumption, even though I know the drill.

Something I did when I first started working out - every day, I had to do more. If I did 23 minutes on the treadmill one day, I did 23:30 the next...if I could only do 8 pushups when I started three years ago, the next time I did 9. Stuff like that.
  • Scarlett_S
    Options
    HI IM NEW JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO ENTER MY JOGGING THAT I DO EVERYDAY I DO 3 MILES ?? ANYONE

You should be able to go in under the "track exercise" portion under the exercise tab and search for jogging - find the pace you feel you go at and enter the time spent, rather than the miles run.

I personally think MFP overestimates most exercise so I will generally cut the calorie burn by 10% or even 20% depending on what it is.
  • konnylowe
    Options
    Hi I am new too,

I guess we will learn together :) you can add me also if you would like. I hope this site will help me to reach my goal. It's also great to gain friends who also want to loose weight and motivate each other

Please add me if you would like
    Konny:smile:
  • KristenElizabeth7
    KristenElizabeth7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello!

One tip that I have is that I log my day ahead of time!

Example, to make sure that I meet my goals, I went to choosemyplate.gov and got guidelines for number of servings for each food group. By logging the day before instead of as I go it is easy and I can stay within my goals.

Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • Purple_R
    Purple_R Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new too, Hoping to stick at least till my holiday.
    I've seen that people add friends to help them? does that work?

add me if you like, hopefully motivate us.
  • animelose2012
    Options
    you have to click on there names under there pictures and then go to add friend. Also sometimes on this site when you add food the numbers can be off so double check everything if you can. like i know my bread is only 60 cal when the site told me 69 cal. if you have a camera on your phone download the app and use the bar code scanner thing . it is very cool and it usually goes to the correct thing. also i know that when i do the body pump class the site says around 200 i burned when i know i did around 500 according to the posters at the gym. you can add me if you like iam on the site or the app almost everyday!
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent
  • NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    anyone is welcome to add me I wish you best of luck