HELP!!

Options
I need help! I am so tired of eating the same few things over and over and it worries me that I'm going to stray from my diet! I am a fairly picky eater, I dont like onions, celery, mushrooms, or any kind of peppers or seafood (other than fish sticks lol) can anybody give me some ideas? Thanks

Replies

• leannehoggdodd
    Options
    why dont you start with the things you do like, then i might be able to suggest things similar that you could try! x
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    try supercook.com. enter in a thing you like (or an ingredient (or several) you have on hand) and it gives you recipes to make from it. it's not low cal, but I'm sure you can pick out ones that are from the site or modify them to things you like.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Go to the grocery store and put different things in your shopping cart.
  • sarahmarieb36
    sarahmarieb36 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    im always looking for new things to make. it depends on how big you are into cooking..but i take full advantage of the power of google. i'll even type something as simple as "healthy chicken recipe" and look until i find a recipe to my liking. Also, if you have a Pinterest there are TONS of recipes on there. i've made so many new recipes that i've found on there. (and i dont like to do a ton of cooking so im always looking for recipes that are simple and dont take a lot of ingredients)

so to summarize my rambling: google and pinterest!

**also i love allrecipes.com because they have the nutritional info on the recipes. makes it easy to see which ones are worth making nutritionally wise** hope this all helps!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Google?
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    The BBC Good Food website is really good. You can search by ingredients and the majority of recipes have nutritional information too :)

Ax
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    edit
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    try supercook.com. enter in a thing you like (or an ingredient (or several) you have on hand) and it gives you recipes to make from it. it's not low cal, but I'm sure you can pick out ones that are from the site or modify them to things you like.

This site looks cool, thanks!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    She has to know how to cook them
  • Bethnevergivesup
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Find recipes, tweak them to remove the ingredients you don't like, and add ones you do.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/
    http://pinterest.com/all/?category=food_drink
    http://www.cookinglight.com/food/recipe-finder
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    28 lbs lost.. A great looking diary. Your logging very well.. Your drinking your water. : ) I think your doing a wonderful job. Are you looking for whole food group ideas? You seen to be eating very healthly, and getting good results. Don't know if this will help, but sometimes (fairly regularly) I steam a giant pot of vegetables. Do you like steamed artichokes?? Any vegetables steamed. Any fruits. Watermelon, Cantalope, Fuji apples. What about french toast? I see you like waffles. Oranges. Have you tried this Muesli stuff for breakfast? Have you made an omelet lately?? Keep going, your doing great! :wink:
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

I'm going to have to try this... thanks for the suggestion!
  • weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I use to be really picky like yourself but have slowly added little portions of foods I dont like into my cooking and have slowly "grown" out of them. Like for onions, dice it up really small, if a receipie needs it then add it but a small amount and slowly build up from there. I now like onions, peppers and amb. At one stage I use to refuse to eat any vegetables what so ever, now with things like a roast dinner I will have about half a plate full!
    Its about slowly adding it into your diet and not forcing yourself to eat it in one great big lump. It takes time but keep going and hopefully you will be able to get some more variety in your foods.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi. Congrats on your 28 pounds gone so far. It's hard work so make sure you give yourself credit.
    Just be brave and try some new things. People have given you lots of good recipe websites. I can't add to that.

My diary is open if you want to look through it. I eat pretty healthy most of the time (all last week was lost though). I don't do complicated at all.

I love having homemade vegetable soup in the fridge. Baking boneless chicken breast with a little olive oil coating and some herbs is great. I tend to have it more often cold than warm. Do you like oatmeal? That is a really healthy choice and can be jazzed up with berries and a little sweetener if you need it.

Please keep on with your efforts to be healthier...you're doing it for all the right reasons.
  • clau3260
    clau3260 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Try different seasonings!! For instance, I have for lunch the same salad 4 times a week (I confess more out of convenience than anything else) but in order not to get bored, I try different seasonings to add to the salad. There is one from McCormick I think, called salad supreme. Adds lots of flavor and it keeps me from getting tempted and reach our for some creamy dressing instead Do the same with your protein. How you season it can make the difference.
  • Bethnevergivesup
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your ideas! :)
  • amieandjoey
    Options
    supercook.com

Great site ...Thanks for that.