I do this not only for myself...but for you too!

Options
Why you may ask? Because we all learn from those who have traveled the path before us and from those that will travel the path after us. NO ONE is in this alone! We ALL know the struggles of the yo-yo dieting and the emotional rollercoaster that comes along with that, and then the shame that follows. I know because I lived it! I don't pretend to know how people feel...I DO know how people feel and the fact that we can all relate is what draws us to each other. I have encountered some amazing people on this site. People that I would never have had the opportunity to meet...people who have shown me that this journey that I'm on, along with you, can be accomplished. And that it’s okay when I eat too much or don’t exercise…no one is standing over saying “well Liz, you didn’t workout today." I alone put these pressures on myself, because of my own fears of what people may say, IF I’m not working out or eating right. Everyone is here to support each other and share their experiences…that in turn generates hope in others that they may reach the same goal.

I was always scared to step out of the box. Oh no “I can’t do this or I can’t do that!” Why did I think like that? Because I listened to what everyone else said…and I believed it! I didn’t realize that I TOO deserved to be healthy and happy…and so do YOU! I used to be so ashamed of myself…of my failures and what I did to make myself feel better. Today I don’t have to feel like that.

You can do anything that you want to do...as long as you are willing to make the change and work through the pains of your past to get to your amazing future!!! It has been an awesome experience to knock down the walls that I put up to keep people out, expect when I did this I locked myself in. Only viewing what was out in the world, instead of living it. Today I get to live out the world, and I don’t worry so much about what other people think of me…why? Because today I can look at myself in the mirror and I actually love the person staring back at me…

Replies

• flwyland
    flwyland Posts: 142
    Options
    You said it!
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!!! It put a smile on my face!! So encouraging :happy:
  • coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks snowsflake! I needed that pick me up today! :wink:
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    love this!
  • Skinny_Mocha
    Skinny_Mocha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this - very well said and inspirational!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    well said, you are an inspiration!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Well said! thanks:flowerforyou:
  • jusniq
    jusniq Posts: 49
    Options
    I needed to read something like this
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Very well said. I love it! Thanks for posting this. You are very right!
  • FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Best post ever!
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    Well said!!
  • borisda
    borisda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Great and If it inspires one person then it's done it's job xx
  • HeavenSent
    Options
    I have tears reading this post because you were definitely on target to what I've been feeling throughout my weightloss journey. Thanks snowflake for posting this because you just made my day, well actually my year. This was very inspirational and thoughtful of you for posting.
  • mandipandi2010
    Options
    Oooooooo weeeee. Ima get you snowflake. I appreciate you tremendously! Thank you for ur love~
  • AtomicLemon
    AtomicLemon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I needed to read that .. especially today. Thanks!
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You know...we're all worth it! Thanks for all of your posts! They totally help me too! :)
  • snowsflake
    Options
    Great and If it inspires one person then it's done it's job xx

You're totally right!
  • snowsflake
    Options
    Best post ever!

Thanks! You totally ROCK!
  • snowsflake
    Options
    I have tears reading this post because you were definitely on target to what I've been feeling throughout my weightloss journey. Thanks snowflake for posting this because you just made my day, well actually my year. This was very inspirational and thoughtful of you for posting.

You're so welcome! :)
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Simply the truth and thank you for saying it out loud