Need help! How many calories do you think I am burning?

Options
jk1231
jk1231 Posts: 23 Member
I am a stay at home mom to 3 kids. 2 of which go to school (full and part time) Two different schools. Walk them both in. Have a 3 yr old I carry (a lot) I am trying to determine (before I have to buy an expensive heart monitor)an approximate calorie count for my average day. I clean my house every day. I do errands every day, I also walk my dog while pushing a stroller every day. I usually am only sitting to do laundry :)

Thanks for any input!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Use a TDEE calculator (Google it) and set yourself to lightly active.
  • jk1231
    Options
    It said 1908. I am a bit confused about what that stands for? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
  • jk1231
    Options
    Haha, never mind. I know what it stands for. So is this the amount that my body burns in a 24 hour period to keep me going?
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Unless you're very heavy, those activities are just life. I would count it in my profile as one step above sedentary, whatever that is--- lightly active or something.

It's not the sort of thing I'd log as exercise, or make any calorie allowance for.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    1908 is the amount taht you need to eat to maintain your current weight...

deduct about 20% from that and eat that caloire amount and you should lose weight over four to six week period.
  • jk1231
    Options
    I am 5'7 and 130 lbs. MFP has me eating 1200. Does that seem right? Its actually very easy for me to stay under that but I have recently gained 5 ls over the holidays. I have always (even after my kids) gotten down to and stayed around 125. I eat really healthy. I just don't have the time to really work out. I was just curious :) Thanks everyone!