Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Slim Fast

boxynova
boxynova Posts: 19 Member
Hello everyone,

Has anyone ever tried following the Slim Fast Diet Products and track how your doing on My Fitness Pal? Does anyone have any comments about Slim Fast? I am deciding if I want to try Slim Fast or not.

Thanks

Replies

• daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    I lost 20lbs using the Slim Fast 321 Plan right before my wedding a couple years ago. I gained it all back when I stopped. I recently started a healthier lifestyle (Jan 2013) and have been drinking one shake for lunch during the week so I haven't actually been following the plan. I find that the shake (190 calories) gives me a little energy and keeps me from getting fast food for lunch. I plan to do this for another month and in the meantime I am exploring other easy healthy low cal lunch options. I like to save more calories for dinner which is why I'm only looking for a lighter option.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Slim Fast is a gimmick ....... it will teach you nothing about maintaining any weight you do lose.

Some people use it to "kick off" a diet ..... and then learn how to deal with "real food" ... and leave Slim Fast behind.

Weight loss & weight maintnence is making PERMANENT changes to your diet & exercise that you can live with ....lifestyle changes
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    I did slimfast for a while, basically it's just a way of controlling your calories, and I decided I'd prefer to do that through eating what I wanted instead of the shakes. I really like food, hence needing to lose weight.

I will say this, and it's not just me because I know a lot of people who have tried it... slimfast has some odd effects on peoples stomachs... ask anyone who's done slimfast, they can explain. I was bloated, I felt sluggish and sick... it just wasn't nice!
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    SlimFast.... not very good. Tastes terrible....and I was always hungry. I would rather count my calories and eat less than drink that stuff. You`ll definitely lose weight, but as soon as you start eating again, you'll most likely gain it back.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 970 Member
    Slim Fast is meant to be short term. It's good if you want to learn to eat less and have things done quickly. But it's not a good long term solution. It's also expensive.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    slim fast = calorie deficit..

you can do the same thing with MFP and not have to drink shakes most of the day...

eat less than you take in..
  • peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    I did SlimFast for a little bit while just starting my diet because it's easy and it does work, but you can get the same results with real food and that's a lot more satisfying for your body. Plus it teaches you the nutrition and caloric values of different types of food.

Over all, I wouldn't recommend it, but it's not harmful when used for the short term.
  • yeah i tried it and hated it. i was alway hungry.
  • xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    slim fast isnt good in my opinion.
    I was always hungry, it has sooooo much sugar in it. It is a calorie deficit which is bad
    And it also goes green if you leave it long enough. o.O

if you just want it to replace perhaps one meal and have your remaining 1000 calories with other food, I do recommend it.

the coffee and chocolate ones taste nice.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I used it before I learned I could do better on my own. It was a kickstarter for me, and I left it behind once I started learning about real nutrition.
  • kelleyannclemons
    kelleyannclemons Posts: 71 Member
    I like to drink a shake on occasion just because it tastes good and helps curb other cravings. It is very sweet if you prepare it as directed. I only use 1/3 of a scoop of powder for every 8oz skim milk though. My mom always gave this to my sister and I as kids only as a chocolate milk replacement because of the nutrients in it.