52 marathons in 52 weeks?!?!

Options
I saw this story on the news today. I cannot even imagine!!!

http://www.today.com/id/51223788#.UUdRpRnseg1

Replies

• seif0068
    seif0068 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    And here I was feeling all proud of myself for running 5.4 miles this weekend! :ohwell:
  • Runninglibrarian13
    Runninglibrarian13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow.. that's amazing.
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Can you imagine the toll this had on her family? She's a mother of two, and her fiance was possibly the main care-giver for those children. The article doesn't say how old her children are. They could be adults.

Still, the cost to attend all those marathons, the time spent in training and being away from 'home' for 52 weeks.... incredible.

I don't know if anything could convince me to spend that much time away from my family. She did an awesome thing and raised a lot of money. I'm a year older than she is, though, and my kids are between 3 and 14 years old. Nothing could take me away from them willingly for that much time.
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    A daunting task for sure. I love the marathon distance but not one a week LOL I do know someone who has done many, many back to back marathons for several weekends in a row...sponsored :smile: I know the toll training for and running one marathon takes on my body so I can't even imagine doing something like this!
  • peachyolives
    peachyolives Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love reading about the people that have run marathons like this. It's my goal to do just that - 52 marathons in 52 weeks. It's definitely possible, but crazy expensive and time consuming for sure. I've done 11 races marathon distance or further so far.