in need of some advice and motivation

Options
feeling disappointed in myself for eating out. I feel like i have been doing so well and i have gone and messed that up. I do not want this to ruin what i have started i do not want to quit. Help

Replies

• jenfoxjercha
    jenfoxjercha Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I go out to eat once a week. Don't let one day take you down. There are six others days in the week and this was just one or two hours in a day. You have to have a free day every once in a while or you will find it harder to keep it going in the long term.
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It happens to the best of us. Just get started again, immediately. Don't overcompensate by eating less, or anything like that. Just pick up where you left off. All is well. :)
  • 48Tara
    48Tara Posts: 10
    Options
    When we eat out it is a choice, so enjoy that choice, BUT GET BACK IN THE GAME, today making better choices, this is a lifestyle if you look at it as such it makes it easier when we make poor choices. It isn't as if you are never going out to eat again. Forgive yourself and move on. Happy Monday!
  • luckyinlove2
    luckyinlove2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like you've messed anything up. It's all part of learning to be the new you. If you ate too much when you ate out, try to plan your food in advance the next time. Major chain restaurants list the calories and nutrients in their dishes. If it's a smaller restaurant, you may have to do some research on your own--try eating only single component foods in MFP, not things like fettucini alfredo or sheperd's pie. This is your journey, and if you start down the wrong path, simply turn back to the one you wish to follow. Don't even look behind you at the wrong path!!! Do you plan to never eat out again in your life? If not, then this is the time to practice following your chosen calorie and nutrient restrictions. Be good to yourself, and never say "I messed up, I might as well quit everything!
  • nimc2
    nimc2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you but this was the second day :-( and i was feeling so good yesterday.
  • Yellow_butterfly8490
    Options
    Its ok that you got off track for a day, just try and stay positive. What helps me avoid eating things that seem amazing like eatting out or going and getting some junk food, I stop and think "I wont even remember eating that by tomorrow but I will feel like crap. If I just stick to my plan I will wake up feeling refreshed and proud of myself" Sometimes screwing up helps because it re motivates to try harder to avoid that feeling of disappointment towards yourself. I know it feels bad now but dwelling on it wont change anything, just keep moving forward! GOOD LUCK!
  • mikejholmes
    mikejholmes Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I saw a great quote on Tumblr.
    Saying, "I'm already over my calories for the day, so I may as well go crazy", makes about as much sense as saying, "I dropped my phone on the ground, so I may as well jump up and down on it until it's in tiny little pieces."

People slip. It happens. Pick yourself up (metaphorically speaking), and try to do better the rest of the day, and subsequent days. If you dropped your phone on the ground, you wouldn't walk away, would you? If you drop your diet for one meal, why would you walk away from that?
  • nimc2
    Options
    actually sence i started this i have started cooking again but and weighing everything but i dunno what happened. I will continue cause i don't want to give up. Can someone look at my food diary and help me with better choices. Thank you all for helping me
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I often eat out. If the serving looks big, halve it as soon as you get it, box it, and then eat what's left. Damage control.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    You have to learn to allow for such things in your life. Do you really expect to go through life never eating out or enjoying anything? Don't feel guilty, just make up for it. Do some extra exercise or something. Life's to short to be overly strict, this is supposed to be a lifestyle change. What kind of of life do you want to live?
  • lovelyleanne
    Options
    Plan to up your cardio over the next 6 days and get back on track wih logging your food.

Don't feel guilty or carry negativity because its a waste of time and energy. Instead think about how lovely it was to have treated yourself to two lovely meals and now you're re-charged and ready to do amazingly well over the next week

Think about the things you enjoy doing that cheer you up (other than food and drink) and find something to take your mind off of food, calories and dieting. Will make you feel better.

How about watching Rocky DVD haha you can then do rocky inspired jogging and air punching :-)
  • nimc2
    Options
    I still plan on eating out and i have before but for some reason today just felt different i even feel like throwing up, but reading everything you guys have said is right i need to just get back on track.
  • nimc2
    Options
    Plan to up your cardio over the next 6 days and get back on track wih logging your food.

Don't feel guilty or carry negativity because its a waste of time and energy. Instead think about how lovely it was to have treated yourself to two lovely meals and now you're re-charged and ready to do amazingly well over the next week

Think about the things you enjoy doing that cheer you up (other than food and drink) and find something to take your mind off of food, calories and dieting. Will make you feel better.

How about watching Rocky DVD haha you can then do rocky inspired jogging and air punching :-)

Love it :-)