Help! Appetite is out of control Lately!!!

Options
So I was doing really awesome counting calories & cutting out sugar, but lately I can't control my appetite. I just recently threw my best friend a bridal shower & since then I cannot stop craving those rich foods. I am not usually one to seek any kind of supplement, but can anyone recommend an appetite supressant?

Please no judgements, I am just looking for something short term to take the edge off of cravings. I am not seeking a miracle weight loss pill. I have been doing it the hard way :wink: (diet & exercise) for months now. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks !

Replies

• jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I find that the appetitie suppressants make me very jittery. Instead, if I am really hungry, I increase my protein. If I end up going over my calories, I would much rather do it with protein rather than sugar or carbs. Just my $0.02.
  • ShantiDey
    ShantiDey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hot tea helps me. And protein! Grilled chicken, some tuna, or boiled eggs.
  • absteed
    absteed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine. The fact that you're angry about messing up on your diet means you'll get it under control. You just need to get angry enough (and stay angry enough) that you develop the discipline to say no. I wouldn't recommend taking any additional supplements. Just eat lots of green vegetables and drink lots of water.

Your attitude is a winning one. You'll get it under control.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Maybe incorporate those foods that you want during the week? Maybe set aside some calories and have the cake or chocolate or whatever you're craving instead of trying to cut it out completely.
  • TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    Options
    I'll be watching this post for an answer myself! My appetite is my weakness. And I like so many bad foods. You are not alone. It's difficult to satisfy those specific cravings. For me, all I can try to do is limit them. Sorry I couldn't help. I wish you the best!
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    When I have been hitting the carbs too heavy, it backfires on me and all I do is crave!!! A few days of very low carb, 20 grams or less, without limiting my protein or fats will get the appetite monster back under control. It may take a few days to actually accomplish this, keep lots of non carb things handy and drink lots of water. Then, when you have the craving monster back under control, resume your normal program. That's what works for me. Also, if its near your TOM, that may be feeding the monster also.
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When I have been hitting the carbs too heavy, it backfires on me and all I do is crave!!! A few days of very low carb, 20 grams or less, without limiting my protein or fats will get the appetite monster back under control. It may take a few days to actually accomplish this, keep lots of non carb things handy and drink lots of water. Then, when you have the craving monster back under control, resume your normal program. That's what works for me. Also, if its near your TOM, that may be feeding the monster also.

This works. The insulin spikes caused by eating sweets and carbs is what causes the cravings. Once you get your blood sugars and insulin horomones leveled out, the cravings will stop.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Coffee and tea are great appetite suppressants.
  • kirlia
    kirlia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Um...cocaine?
  • ashleyballam
    Options

This works. The insulin spikes caused by eating sweets and carbs is what causes the cravings. Once you get your blood sugars and insulin horomones leveled out, the cravings will stop.

thanks guys ! I did south beach a few years back and that was their philosophy !!
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Eating a lot of healthy fats works really well for me to quash cravings! Almond butter, roasted veggies in olive oil, avocado, chia/hemp seeds... when I eat healthy fats I feel magically satisfied after a meal and my sugar cravings are WAY down. A meal of just carbs and protein makes me crave sweets like mad. Try it and see if it works for you!
    One of my favorite meals lately is a small piece of salmon with an entire head of cauliflower roasted in 1 tbsp olive oil. Yup, an entire head! Or whatever veggies you love- brussels sprouts, anything. It's so satisfying to have a mountain of tasty food to munch on, and the oil makes it taste indulgent. Leaves me satisfied and happy.