Insanity Weight Gain After 4 Weeks!

Options
IMG_1494_zps55bf1673.jpeg

I have heard that weight gain is normal after 2-3 weeks of Insanity, but I'm now on Week 5! My clothes feel better, but it would be nice to stop seeing the scale creep up!

Advice?!

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    No advice but you look much leaner, great results!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I gained 9 pounds doing Insanity!!
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am on week three, and gained a pound. But, from what I hear from 95% of other people is that they had the same thing happen, and then the last 2 weeks it melted off! So I am going to continue and cross my fingers! Plus it is making me stronger for sure!
  • ElleM0
    ElleM0 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Muscles is more dense than fat! As you're cutting and scultping you're gaining muscles. It's ok.. it will balance out.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You definitely look leaner in the second pic! Ignore the scale and replace it with measuring tape. You may be retaining water which is why the scale weight went up. Great job!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Look how lslim you are in the second pic, nice job! You'll see the bulk of your results Month 2, and the scale will start creeping down then (for most people). However, I didn't lose any weight my first round of Insanity, I actually gained 7 lbs. Don't become discouraged because losing inches and adding lean muscle is always better than losing pounds. Stay on course!
  • abwendt
    abwendt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, that is really encouraging. I'm up 5 lbs since starting insanity and just started Week 5 today. I'll try to get some measurements and hopefully be less frustrated with those results!
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Looking at the pictures there is a noticable difference. I would agree and replace the scale with a tape measure. The tape measure tells the real story
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You look great in the 2nd pic ... outstanding work. I'm midway through my 2nd week of Insanity (didn't have a Monday start date) and I'm up 3-4 lbs. I do my workout daily, did the calorie equation / subtracted 500 for loss - and my macros are at 40/30/30 (trying to cut more fat and make it 40/40/20 as suggested).

Knowing you are doing something so great for your body and watching the scale go in the opposite direction of where you want it to go is annoying but I read enough blogs and threads on this to know we shouldn't be alarmed.
  • briffanydance
    Options
    I know this post is pretty old, but I need help. I am starting week 6 of insanity, and I'm up 7 pounds. I want to cry every time I get on the scale because I have been working so freaking hard! I can tell a difference in my weekly pictures that I am finally getting a gap between my thighs (which is awesome). But what is up with the weight gain? My face and stomach feels puffs... water weight? I don’t get it. Anyone else have this problem? How can I fix it?
  • carriespence1
    carriespence1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it! I gained 3 lbs the first 2 wks myself. Stay away from the scale and measure. Your holding on the water ( swelling in muscles) sect. Its way normal because you're shocking your body. I was so depressed then found out I'd lost 10 inches. Fit into clothes I wore at 11 lbs lighter :-) forget the scale. Who cares what u weigh its how you look
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Who cares if you're gaining? The number is meaningless--you look fantastic!! Just use measurements!
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    "I look 15 lb. lighter, but am gaining weight, thus allowing me to eat more food. Woe is me." - OP
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    IMG_1494_zps55bf1673.jpeg

I have heard that weight gain is normal after 2-3 weeks of Insanity, but I'm now on Week 5! My clothes feel better, but it would be nice to stop seeing the scale creep up!

Advice?!

you look noticeably leaner, and better.

who cares what the scale says.. focus on body composition! you look great!
  • Tamm04
    Tamm04 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I would NOT be complaining. Step away from the scale and look at yourself. Don't worry!