Core Toning- Best Methods

Options
I carry a lot of my extra weight in my core region. Anyone have any suggestions on useful methods to tone up that midsection?

Replies

• Loftearmen
    Loftearmen Posts: 380
    Options
    Lose fat. That's the only thing that will help
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you have to eat at a deficit to lose the fat. I've gotten down to a size two, and I still have some belly jiggle. Lift weights, do cardio and eat well, it will eventually come off.

That being said, you can still train the muscles so there's nice definition when you lose the fat. Planks and their variations are great. Lying leg lifts are good, too. I love PIlates ab workouts, too. I also like a lot of the stuff on BeFit's 30 day 6 pack abs challenege. (BeFit is a YouTube channel, and they also have a Facebook page.)
  • drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Indeed, you can't spot lose but Pilates will give you a good feel for the core muscle groups and an excellent workout for that area
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you have to eat at a deficit to lose the fat. I've gotten down to a size two, and I still have some belly jiggle. Lift weights, do cardio and eat well, it will eventually come off.

So I'm at a 1200 calorie limit as is. I understand TDEE and all but I've noticed that if I eat aroun 1200 then I loose, if I eat more then 1200 I maintain or gain (depending on how much I consume). So how do I eat at a deficit when you are not supposed to go under 1200??? This is my question.

And for the OP, the best method I have found is cardio. You can't spot reduce....ie a thousand crunches isn't going to make your jiggleys go away!! It will help with toning...but that's about it! Good luck!!!!!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

agreed
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

yep
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

So I'm at a 1200 calorie limit as is. I understand TDEE and all but I've noticed that if I eat aroun 1200 then I loose, if I eat more then 1200 I maintain or gain (depending on how much I consume). So how do I eat at a deficit when you are not supposed to go under 1200??? This is my question.

And for the OP, the best method I have found is cardio. You can't spot reduce....ie a thousand crunches isn't going to make your jiggleys go away!! It will help with toning...but that's about it! Good luck!!!!!

Start using more weights.