Hypnosis

I am almost 50 years old and have some strange eating habits. I do not like hardly any foods at all, especially vegetables

I have never eaten a salad, or pretty much anything you would put in a salad. I do not eat pasta, fish, pizza, etc. I like red meat and chicken.

I am thinking about going to a hypnotist and see if they can help me to try or like new and different healthy foods, not the junk food, just the healthy stuff.

Does anyone have an opinion or experience with this?

Thanks

Replies

• zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    I think seeing a hypnotist is a good thing to try. I was just listening to Jon Gabriel interview a hypnotist and the suggestion I heard about choosing one, was that you should choose one that has a degree like nursing, social work, psychology, because if there only credential is the hypnotism it's not a regulated field. Here is a link to the interview I was mentioning. http://www.thegabrielmethod.com/hypnosis-for-weightloss-1 Good luck on your journey feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    I've often thought of this - im all about alternative approaches lol

Lemme know if you do it, if you think it works (I think I saw a hypnotism groupon the other day lol)
  • Ottinger13
    Ottinger13 Posts: 55 Member
    Thanks, the video was informative. We have a holistic health store close to us and they have one on staff who is licensed. but she charges $90.00 an hour
  • dlunsford78
    dlunsford78 Posts: 38 Member
    I went to a group session about 5yrs ago for weight loss...did it help me..no..BUT I can tell you that before that day I NEVER touched a glass of water and the day after til today I can't get enough!
  • Ottinger13
    I just need to get over these food issues and eat more veggies. I am already drinking enough water I might want to move my office closer to the rest room.
  • zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    I just need to get over these food issues and eat more veggies. I am already drinking enough water I might want to move my office closer to the rest room.

Adding organic raw juices, and smoothies to my morning and evening routines has really helped me to change my palette and enjoy natural foods more.
  • I am the web designer for the Hypnosis Network, the company that created Enjoying Weight Loss on the link above. I have worked for the company for about 5 years and never once used any of our products. When I went in to my interview with the company, I had no idea what to expect. I always thought hypnosis was hokey and a stage act, but all of the reviews and testimonials on our site are real. I saw how many people we had helped and it made me decide, why not, I might as well give it a shot (took me 5 years, lol).

Well I'm almost 29 and a month ago I weighted 317lbs. I couldn't do it anymore, I was unhealthy, out of shape, and had zero energy. Over the past month I have lost about 22-23lbs by riding a bicycle/stationary bike, cutting fast food, fried foods, and things generally "not healthy" and lowering my overall calorie intake.

I'm a complete tech nut, so I didn't just do it with the CDs. I also used the myfitnesspal app and I also bought a bodymedia fit so that I could track my overall activity. This has also helped me get more active. The problem most people have with losing weight is commitment. It's hard to give up foods we like, but believe me...I'm no where near the weight I want to be, but I already feel a LOT better. My wife is doing this with me and has already lost 9lbs as well.

If you have issues committing to eating better, drinking water, or exercising regularly, then hypnosis might work for you, but ultimately you have to be willing for it to work for you. If you go into it thinking you won't be hypnotized, then you won't be hypnotized. It's all done on a subconscious level and if you don't want it to happen, it won't.

The best part is if hypnosis doesn't work for you, we have a 1 year money back guarantee (less shipping). It's a true 1 year guarantee too, no questions asked.

Here is a link to the program if you want to give it a try http://www.hypnosisnetwork.com/hypnosis/ewl/special2/

I also made a 10% discount code "MFP" (for myfitnesspal)
  • Ottinger13
    I am committed to eating right, but have a real issue with vegetables for some unknown reason. Never knew you could get hypnosis via DVD. i have lost a total of 36 pounds since October, since joining MFP, the weight has stopped going off. I am being told that I am not eating the right combinations of food to make me lose weight.

I have an appointment for a hypnotist next week and after that might buy the set of discs you recommend, thanks for the discount.
  • A professional and expert hypnotist will work with you to re-program the subconscious routines of your mind. Quite a few obese people have noted that they overeat largely without the oversight of their highest level of consciousness. This is because you have programmed your mind to over consume types and quantities of food without thought, purely out of habit. The purpose of weight-loss hypnosis is to help you work with your unconscious mind in order to reverse this unhealthy process. Look around and find a respected hypnotist in your local area.
  • Thats great Ottinger13. I am happy to say I am now down 45lbs and my wife has lost almost 20lbs. I hope you continue your weight loss success as well!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Suck it up and eat what you have to eat. You'll get used to it quickly.
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Just be open minded and try new things. You'll be surprised how healthy food is not bad tasting at all.
  • Wondering how the hypnosis worked for the original poster? Update please.
  • Did your session help you with eating veggies?