Replies

• AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Yep, I believe in ghosts and spirits.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    <<< Uses the math side of the brain. Believes in stuff science can prove. Period.

so, like in the middle ages you wouldve been one of the scientists saying the earth was flat? lol

Sounds like he'd be more like the non-Christian scientists realising it was a sphere and calculating the distance pretty accurately. Rather than declaring everything had to revolve around the Earth, centred upon Jerusalem.

Oh you mean like the Christian scientists who disagreed with the other Christian scientists? My point is...science is rarely settled.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm undecided still, but a very disbelieving skeptic. I think paranormal stuff is fun to dig around with and be entertained by, and every good ghost story has a grain of truth to it. However, a grain does not make hauntings real. I've been to 'haunted' places, and was (unsurprisingly) underwhelmed. The only times we got freaked out was when we psyched ourselves out so much, to the point where a small animal or sudden noise would make us scream! Good times though.

However -- my one glaring contradiction has been my 2 freaky as fvck experiences on a Ouija board. (Note: this is only 2 out of dozens of times trying it.) Once was at a sleepover when I was 13, the other was with just 3 other people late one night at my family's house when I was 19. We did it right, no laughing or joking, and everyone was into it.

Both times, we made a definite connection and the little spinner was practically flying out of our hands. At the sleepover we talked to a man named "Fred" who kept laughing at us, and the second time we talked to a little boy named "Owen" who kept saying "Mommy burned me" and asking if he could stay with us because he was lonely.

I still have no logical explanation, except that possibly our energies made us *want* to communicate so badly that we all became in tune with each other and moved our hands at the same time without realizing it. ...But that sounds almost as unbelievable as the ghost talking to us in the first place! :tongue:
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options

However -- my one glaring contradiction has been my 2 freaky as fvck experiences on a Ouija board.

I will never, ever, ever, ever touch one of those again. At 16 I thought they were a toy, they definitely ARE NOT!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

However -- my one glaring contradiction has been my 2 freaky as fvck experiences on a Ouija board.

I will never, ever, ever, ever touch one of those again. At 16 I thought they were a toy, they definitely ARE NOT!

Yeah, we were warned after the Owen experience (see my edit) that you should never do a Ouija session in your own home, because it can 'open' your house to other spirits, with the implication that it would be nasty. Nothing ever happened, so I don't really believe it, but... they're freaky. I'll give them that.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    <<< Uses the math side of the brain. Believes in stuff science can prove. Period.

so, like in the middle ages you wouldve been one of the scientists saying the earth was flat? lol

Sounds like he'd be more like the non-Christian scientists realising it was a sphere and calculating the distance pretty accurately. Rather than declaring everything had to revolve around the Earth, centred upon Jerusalem.

Oh you mean like the Christian scientists who disagreed with the other Christian scientists? My point is...science is rarely settled.

?????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_geodesy

Think you'll find that the people saying it was flat in the Middle Ages were using religious belief rather than science. Especially as scientists and mathematicians from outside Christianity had been saying it was a sphere for much longer.
  • djfriedman81
    Options
    I ain't afraid of no ghost
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I would say no, but that would be a lie. As someone who is able to communicate and see them, and have since I was a child, they do exist and most are not evil.
    But, trust me, it would be easier just to say no they dont exist. Also, I would never try to convince someone they do. Ignorance is bliss in this case.
    I would have to agree that saying no I dont believe would be a lot easier. I am the same as you, my whole family are "freaks" as my best friend puts it. Most of the time it is harmless stuff that goes on, sometimes not. You learn to live with it. I have learned not to really talk about my experiences, until someone stays the night at my house and has an "experience" themselves.
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    Um.....nope
  • TamiaAZ
    TamiaAZ Posts: 261
    Options
    No, but I do spirits!!
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a house with ghosts/spirits and we used to have weird/freaky stuff happen all the time. So based on personal experience, YES, I'd say I believe in them.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I believe there I a spiritual realm with God and the devil.
    I believe in the Holy Spirit, angels and demons.

I don't define any of these as ghosts so therefore I do not believe in ghosts.
  • vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Yeah, we were warned after the Owen experience (see my edit) that you should never do a Ouija session in your own home, because it can 'open' your house to other spirits, with the implication that it would be nasty. Nothing ever happened, so I don't really believe it, but... they're freaky. I'll give them that.

I have never played with a board. But my brother did when we were teens...and the experience left him shaken enough that he tossed the board into our burn barrel. I'm curious to know what material Parker Brothers uses because that stupid thing would not burn. I dont believe in ghosts in general...but I do think there are sometimes evil energies about.
  • djfriedman81
    Options
    I believe in the Ghost Busters
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Not at all
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    No such thing as ghosts, god or bigfoot. The Easter Bunny told me so.