Shopping spree (PICs) and I'm not even mid-goal.

Options
Even though I still have almost two thirds of the weight to loose, I could not help myself and went on a clothing shopping spree.
Going to a sample sale will do that to you (2 months ago I would not be able to fit into anything they sell at a sample sale, so I went wild).

These are all Nanette Lepore:
Yellow summer dress:
yellowdress.jpg?t=1363629705
My mom says that this is very immodest and I should tie up the top like this.
yellowdress2.jpg?t=1363544354
My husband disagrees. Who do you agree with?

Is this a hoodie or a dress?
hoodie.jpg?t=1363629223

This one has subtle metallic shimmer in knit fabric (can't capture it on a picture).
greydress.jpg?t=1363629265

This one is also knit and has very subtle shimmer, many colors and textures of the knitting. Very pretty in person in nice deep colors:
purpledress.jpg?t=1363544854

And lastly, this one is not from sample sale, I bought it pretty close to the full price. I posted this in another thread as an update to my search for a dress to wear to a friend's daytime wedding.
4500a850-d724-4fef-95a0-d4b0b00fff80.jpg?t=1363628910

b39711fd-e6bf-4b13-9c14-b45c68483e11.jpg?t=1363629324
true color of the dress:
photo5.jpg

Replies

• charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    your looking great
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    all gorg! I especailly like the last one.
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You look really good in all the outfits. That tentative dress for the wedding is on point...gorgeous!
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Love it! Especially the yellow one and the pinkish one! (I agree with your mom though :) Keeping it classy is always better than being considered "trashy") <--no offense in that at all, by no means am I calling you trashy just to clear that up lol. Keeping it classy just seems to always go better, and keep people from saying things. But, they are beautiful! And thats awesome!! I can't wait to get new clothes once I get my goal!!
  • lhgalant
    lhgalant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i don't really think the yellow dress looks immodest untied, but I do like it better tied.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    You look great!!

I LOVE the last dress!!!!
  • ArmyWife013
    Options
    The last dress & the yellow one are my faves! Also I think it looks better tied in my opinion just the way it looks & comes together...if that makes sense. :) You look great btw!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Eeeeeeeee, what fun to shop for smaller sizes!! You look so pretty! xo
  • pohlcm08
    pohlcm08 Posts: 61
    Options
    You have great taste, now I want to shop for dresses too!!
    And you look fantastic :)
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    Options
    I LOVE the last dress!! You look great :)
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I like the yellow dress tied - it gives it a better shape, and actually your breasts look better with it done up than undone.

As for the last dress. LOVE it...like OMG love!
  • Dawnomite
    Dawnomite Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Very pretty!!
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey, shopping mid goal is not a problem for me, lol. I did the same thing. Some people reward with a special meal, I buy clothes!

Okay the first yellow one is super cute. I have no problem with a little cleavage, or a lot of cleavage. I just think the ties hanging look a little sloppy. Your figure looks nice, and curvy tied.

The hoodie, I would throw on some leggings.

The coral lace number is to die for!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Looking great! I love the yellow dress, but I do agree with your mom. when it's done up it hugs your curves more and looks a lot more flattering.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hon you are freakin' rockin' those dresses(every one of them)...should have a lot of fun with hubby at the wedding...lol:devil: :heart: :drinker:

And I agree with mom, your figure is better complimented with the yellow dress tied. A pair of tights and Uggs for the hoodie/dress and you're gtg.:smokin:
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, this is very motivating :)

I know none of these will fit when I reach my goal weight, but a girl wants to look good in the meantime too!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    dup
  • lou1618
    lou1618 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    you look great in all the dresses..but I love, love the last one..
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Darn, I wish I could see the pictures from work! I'll have to take a look when I get home. New clothes in smaller sizes are so much fun!!!!

I'm down two sizes and need to go shopping for fun dresses!