About the allotted sugar intake for the day.

Options
masdec7
masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
Is it just me or is the allotted sugar intake for the day (for me it is 30 g.) a little unrealistic? I mean, I have one medium apple and that alone is half my sugar intake. If I eat fruit twice, do I have to eat all protein the rest of the day? What is with that. Anyone else go over their allotted sugar intake eating healthy food?

Replies

• KristyTonn
    KristyTonn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to 30 as well. I avoid like fruit roll ups, candy, soda, etc, but I say to heck with their 30 limit. If I'm eating lots of fruit, I'm going over it. And I'm ok with that. Have lost 14 lbs and it will be 7 weeks tomorrow, so my theory is that if I'm eating fruit, which is healthy, and go over their recommended sugar intake, and it's working, oh well.
  • laurenbel
    Options
    natural sugars are not bad...just watch your intake of the refined sugars! eat some fruit!!! :)
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    yes it is unrealistic. Most people on here unless they need to, don't even track it. It only takes one piece of fruit to go over it in most cases. Unless you are diabetic or such ignore it.
  • juliestrain09
    juliestrain09 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    YES I DO TO BY ABOUT 40G AS IVE BEEN EATING LOTS OF FRUIT...WONDERING ABOUT THIS TO.X:happy:
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    It's a LOT unrealistic - esp for me :P
    I don't completely ignore it but I don't put much stock in to it...
  • wiseeliz
    wiseeliz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Mine is set at 40 and I'm pretty sure I've never been at or under that. I like my dessert just as much as the next person, but most of that sugar is coming from the healthy, non-dessert stuff I eat every day. Don't sweat it.
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    My 1st week on here, I went over by A LOT everyday because I was eating fruit and dairy (lactose is "sugar"). After a week of going over, I stopped tracking sugar and started tracking carbs. I rarely go over on carbs, lol.
  • helsister1
    Options
    Everyday I'm over! But I feel successful if I stay in my calorie allotment, and eat healthy foods. I can't imagine what my sugar intake was before I started keeping track!?!?!
  • healthy_juls
    healthy_juls Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I ate an apple and a banana as a snack. I put me over my sugar intake for the day? I think it is very unrealistic; especially for natural sugars.
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Wow. I just changed my setting so my tracking no longer follows sugar. Now I'm following the fiber. Much nicer to track!