pizza CAN be done on a diet!

Options

Replies

• Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!

I myself LOVE making homemade pizza. I use whole wheat crust (can't even tell a difference!) and am partial to no sauce pizzas personally. I LOAD on the basil, tomatoes, red onion and any other veggie I desire. I top it off with an appropriate amount of reduced fat or fat free mozzarella cheese. Sometimes I'll just do tomatoes with some ricotta on a pizza. It can actually be very healthy if you make it right!

Anyone ever grill their pizza on a stone in the charcoal or gas grill? If not, I highly recommend it! It gives it that wood burnt taste that, personally, I love!
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Papa Murphy's DeLite pizza is a reasonable option calorie-wise as long as you choose healthy toppings, too. My favorites are spinach, tomatoes and green peppers :)
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I go to Z Pizza all the time! Yummy!
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    I make mine on whole wheat pita bread, 2 Tbsp pizza sauce, fat free mozzarella cheese, and LOTS of veggies! Yummy!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've made pizzas on whole wheat tortillas as well as pita bread as well. I got some mushrooms and feta cheese this past grocery trip and really want to try to re-create a pizza we had at a place awhile back. The service was pretty bad so we're not going back but I'm going to have that pizza again!!!
  • antiadipose
    antiadipose Posts: 447
    Options
    I make mine on whole wheat pita bread, 2 Tbsp pizza sauce, fat free mozzarella cheese, and LOTS of veggies! Yummy!

i make pita pizza tooo =]
  • msundberg
    msundberg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! I've been craving pizza!