can you eat anything within calories given

Options
2»

Replies

• kel798
    kel798 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks again guys for the replies, im gonna have a good think about my meals and plan when possible, i have found some great recipes on here, even for the pickiest eater that i am, and not feel too guilty if i do have the occasional splurge, i will probs up my excercise if i have done though, some really good ideas and tips from you all, good luck to all of you :happy:
  • TheDeviation
    Options
    the thing is, that your body likes good fuel.
    That's key right there. Feed yourself the right foods and you'll be amazed at what your body does with them. The wife is always giving me a hard time for eating as much as I do. But what I eat is what my body seems to love (lots of chicken, tuna, salmon, oatmeal, etc).

And like some mentioned, take a minute to learn about macronutrients (aka macros). There's plenty of reference sites out there.
  • deirdremryan
    deirdremryan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you stick with just staying under calories, you'll lose weight. That's just science. (Calories consumed vs. calories burned) But if you want to be healthy and stay that way, you've got to eat fresh foods, nothing processed, nothing too loaded with sugar or saturated fats. To start off my weight loss, I stuck to just staying under 1200 calories, and it worked, I lost 45 lbs in 4 months. But since I've hit a plateau, I'm trying to get rid of any processed foods and just eat fresh fruits, vegetables, and good sources of protein. This has really helped me get through it. Good luck!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The way I look at it, not every choice has to be perfect and healthy, as long as most of them are.

This weekend, I had a jelly donut, pepperoni pizza, a slice of chocolate cherry cake, and cheddar-bacon-ranch french fries. But NORMALLY, I eat mainly chicken or fish, a ton and a half of veggies, snack on fruit or rice cakes, and drink 96 oz of water a day.

Do the best you can, and don't feel like you failed if you eat something that's "not perfect." Eating it isn't failure. Quitting because you think you failed is failing. :smile:
  • TheDeviation
    Options
    The way I look at it, not every choice has to be perfect and healthy, as long as most of them are.
    Sundays are the "cheat" days in our house. You have to reward yourself once in a while. Just have to remember that once & a while isn't every day.
  • weightingtobloom
    weightingtobloom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't know the science behind what SHOULD happen, but for me the quality of the food makes a huge difference. I've been sticking pretty to1200 calories but I mostly get them from peanut butter, chocolate chips, and cereal. That's a lot of fat and sugar! I haven't lost any weight :(