New Rules of Lifting for Women Stage 2 Results (pics!!!)

Options
emilyc92
emilyc92 Posts: 182 Member
Ok so I started The New Rules of Lifting for Women strength training program in January. The program is split up into stages, and I just finished stage 2. If you do 3 workouts a week like I did, stage 1 takes about 6 weeks, then you are supposed to take a week off, and then stage 2 takes about 3 weeks. I ended up taking two weeks off in between stage 1 and stage 2 because I got really sick, which may have hindered my results a little.

The first picture is before I started the program, the second picture is after I finished stage 1, and the third picture is after I finished stage 2:

9pUa8ua.jpg

I think I see a difference, but sometimes it's hard to tell when you are looking at yourself... what do you guys think?

I've also been biking 50 miles a week (I love biking!) and running 3 miles a week (I'm not so fond of running...). I've been eating between 1900 and 2200 calories a day most days (my goal here is not to get skinny, it's to get strong!)

Anyways, I'd love to know what you all think and if you see a difference!

Replies

• SwampWitch75
    SwampWitch75 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I definitely think you look leaner. Good work!

Where did you find your training program?
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I definitely think you look leaner. Good work!

Where did you find your training program?

I agree and where!?!
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I totally see a difference but I think matter more how you feel? Stronger I bet.
  • fvolley
    fvolley Posts: 124
    Options
    You look tons different. Your thinner at your waist for sure. Also your thighs are much thinner as well.

You looked amazing before in the first pic but the third pic you look like you are in much better shape. Good Work!
  • vinchass9
    vinchass9 Posts: 36
    Options
    You look great!
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    So exciting! Just officially started stage 1 today so it's great to see other's results :) Congrats on the progress...I can def see a difference.

New Rules of Lifting for Women is a book that I also highly recommend. Breaks everything down into an easy to follow program that can be tailored (weight wise) towards anyone's goals and abilities, IMO.
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    Great, how do you do your 50 miles? Pick 1 or 2 days a week and do intervals. 30 minutes, ride easy for 1 minute then bust *kitten* for 1 minute. try that to rev up the calorie burn and add a routine to biking
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    You def are leaner and toner...congrats!! Keep up the great work! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I think you look a lot toner, so cool!
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wow, you looks fantastic! I am currently reading the book and can't wait to start :)
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    You definitely look leaner! Have you been taking measurements?
  • kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202
    Options
    Absolutely see a difference! Great job!
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY I see a difference! You looked great to start with, now you look like a fitness model or something! GREAT work!
  • emilyc92
    emilyc92 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The program is in a book called The New Rules of Lifting for Women. I ordered it online and really love it!
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Wow you look awesome! I am downloading this book right now!
  • roxy280714
    roxy280714 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic, you can definitely see the differences, especially your waist and thighs. Im thinking about starting heavy lifting and you are definitely a motivator.

Well done!!!!!
  • michelleLynette
    michelleLynette Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Nice work..I know you worked hard to get to picture # 3!! Way to go..You look fantastic!
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You look truly amazing!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    At a glance, your hips and legs look leaner. Great work. :)
  • tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, I can totally see a difference. I'm starting stage 2 next Tuesday, I love this program!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!