Anyone out there lost 200+ pounds

Options
I am a little more than halfway through my journey to losing 200 pounds and I wanted to see some success stories from anyone who has made it (with or without surgery). How do you feel now? How long did it take you? I am still on track most days, but my goal seems so far away, I want to know what crossing the line from weight loss to maintaining feels like
thanks for sharing :smile:

Replies

• RickyN29
    RickyN29 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Well I lost half that, so I can't really speak on the matter specifically. But I can say that I have never felt better. I feel younger, more energetic, and most of all, much happier. I did 100lbs in 1 year, all natural.

The transition from loss to maintaining was actually pretty seamless. I no longer needed to count calories and log everything, I pretty much got used to what I need to eat. I've maintained the weight for a year now with relatively little effort. I think you will find maintaining much easier than losing.

Great job and keep up the excellent work.
  • sgreen328
    Options
    You look amazing. Thank you and thanks for sharing. I guess I've been wondering if there is a light at the end of this tunnel.:smile:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yep lost a few pounds...... Congrats keep up the Great Job.... Best of Luck.....
  • joolzsd
    Options
    Not 200 for me either... 135 in about 17 months (have gained 5 back)... but there IS a light at the end of the tunnel. But, sometimes you can't see it, and you have to focus on the little area that your flashlight hits right in front of your feet :) Take that step every day, and you WILL get there.

The transition to maintenance hasn't been easy for me like the pp. I reached my goal in August and have been struggling a bit. In June or July, when I had less than 10 lbs to go, I started eating more intuitively and did well, because I still had that goal out there. Once I passed it, I guess I got complacent and have started going off the rails a bit. When I log, I generally am ok. But when I decide not to log, then I run into problems with uncontrollable munching. So that's what I'm learning how to handle at this point. I have the tools and the knowledge, it's just the commitment.
  • emancipateurself
    emancipateurself Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    No 200 here but 135 so far....with another 40'ish to go...so close enough. It's a tough road but so worth it. Best of luck to you.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Not 200 and when I hit my goal I will not have hit 200, at goal weight I will have lost 130 lbs. It's taken me 2 years. But I say slow is the way to go or for me it has been. I gaied 5 lbs this week, I went to the doc today and was weighed. I knew that it happened and honestly I'm not even bothered by it because I'm in a place now that I know what i gotta do to get it off.
  • barky586
    Options
    Down 189 pounds...from 307 to 118...no surgeries. I finish my 18th month Friday...and obviously begin day of 1 of my 19th month on Saturday. I feel WONDERFUL...endless energy. You can do it!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Yep lost a few pounds...... Congrats keep up the Great Job.... Best of Luck.....

Ed your a Smartaxx, but an amazing one at that. and the real deal
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You all deserve medals of some kind.

Seriously, I am completely amazed by what you've achieved, and it makes my feeble attempt to lose 30 pounds seem so insignificant!

Congrats.
  • leamatthew
    Options
    Im currently 151lbs down with around 80lb to go

Good luck in your journey xx
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    200+ LOST AND EVERY MINUTE WAS WORTH IT. DAY IN AND DAY OUT JUST KEEP GOING.... THERE WILL BE SETBACKS AND ROADBLOCK BUT YOU JUST HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR WAY OF THINKING. IT TOOK ME ALMOST 3 YEARS (2 BACK INJNURIES SLOWED ME DOWN) BUT YOU CAN DO IT, WITHOUT SURGERY, WITHOUT STARVING. NEVER GIVE UP BABE.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    196 lbs down from highest weight. At one point, I was 216 lbs down, but I was sickly looking at that weight. I would like to get back to 200 lbs total lost, but I am also happy with how I am now =)
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I didn't need to lose quite 200, but about 183 when I started. So far I am down just over 100, but I have a ways to go. What I can tell you is that even if I stopped right now, and stayed right where I am, I would still be waaaaaaaay happier than I was before. I feel so much better. I have a ton of energy, and I can do things I could not 100 pounds ago. Stay motivated, it will all be so worth it. When you first start out, and you have so much to lose, I know there are times when it just seems overwhelming. But just keep making better choices, and the pounds lost add up quicker than you think!!
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have lost 167 pounds so far in 13 months. My goal is to eventually lose 205 pounds and get down to 200 pounds (I'm 6-0, male, 38). I started at 405 pounds and I'm currently at 238 pounds.

I lost 96 pounds in the first six months but I have since slowed down but I still am losing about 1% each week. It's been a long journey but I feel great. I am taking my time and don't have issues with loose skin. Consistent weight loss of 1% of your body weight each week I think is a good goal which for most people is 1-2 pounds per week or 2-4 pounds per week if you are heavier.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have lost 183 pounds as at last weigh in so not that far off 200 pounds....ive included some pics below. It has taken me 6.5 years and still have another 20-40 pounds to go. Life is much better and easier now i dont regret it for a second. Feel free to add me as a friend :)

I started at 173.1 kilos (380 pounds) and at last weigh in was 90.2 kilos (198 pounds)...I hope this is not too pic heavy...apologies if it is.

1704image2.png
    1704image1.gif
    2363_64031521061_6870_n_zps68a63ef7.jpg
    11267_198820136061_2422769_n_zpsf8391164.jpg
    199597_10150164112146062_3832048_n_zpsf87036c4.jpg
    391284_10150433109017899_1929151878_n_zpsfad062bc.jpg
  • starfuryzeta
    Options
    3 1/2 years (including maintaining) and it still feels great. MFP app on my phone keeps me honest every day. Worth every bit.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/363746-2-years-and-215-pounds-later
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    You all deserve a standing ovation!! Unbelievable seriously:noway:
  • rocuf
    rocuf Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just past 500 days on MFP and still logging everyday. Got another 20 to go.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    In 1999 I was 592 pounds. I had bariatric surgery and got to 400 and stayed there. Thirteen months ago I was 415. Came to MFP because of some silly reasons and now I'm at 281

That's 311 from my heaviest. 134 since MFP.

I have no idea how it got so bad.

Also when I get home I'm going to add every single one of you guys.
  • Freemyskinny
    Options
    Wow. everyone of you guys are amazing. I am on way to losin' 200. I find my fear is to look at it that way so i say 100 for now. then 100 later. Thanks for postin' this OP, Add me if you need support or someone to talk to. anyone else can also add.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!