New girl

Options
Hi everyone, I'm Holly. I have been doing WW on and off for the past 2 years with no real success. I lost weight but have gained it back. I am tired of paying WW monthly fee and want to find something that works for me. Hopefully, I will have success with MFP. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• vedra_b
    vedra_b Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    good luck if you want you can add me.
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, always here for support
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Yeah WW isn't really a lifestyle...mfp is great, good luck!
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Welcome so far this place is great....i have lost 14 lbs and still going
  • ckseevers
    ckseevers Posts: 11
    Options
    welcome. I am new too and beyond frustrated so looking for some motivation. I have been on and off of WW for a few years with no real success. I like the principles around MFP because it CAN be done for life. Problem: I have been here for 2 weeks and being faithful with the calorie intake and excercise and I lost 3 pounds last week but gained them all back as soon as I increased my working out....hmmmm. I have a thyroid condition and don't like hearing "your building muscle." No, I am not. I am not losing weight and need some kind of motivation to keep me going.
  • ckseevers
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP? What do you see as KEY?
  • hellokittyykat
    hellokittyykat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welcome.. I had WW too and didn't succeed. MFP is amazing and working way better for me. I love it.
    I'm on daily, with an open diary and open to opinions.. ^_^ I'll send a request! :heart:
  • cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    welcome. I am new too and beyond frustrated so looking for some motivation. I have been on and off of WW for a few years with no real success. I like the principles around MFP because it CAN be done for life. Problem: I have been here for 2 weeks and being faithful with the calorie intake and excercise and I lost 3 pounds last week but gained them all back as soon as I increased my working out....hmmmm. I have a thyroid condition and don't like hearing "your building muscle." No, I am not. I am not losing weight and need some kind of motivation to keep me going.

Keep going! It's only been two weeks!
    (Also, get a picture and some friends to help motivate you!)

We're all in this together!
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I was out to dinner with a dear friend who has been on WW for years with nary a pound lost and she ate tons more calories than me but she swore it was under her points. She is out a ton of money but not lost a pound, I wouldn't do WW. I love MFP and the support you can get. You can add me if you want, I am on daily, have an open diary, and try to comment on other active members updates when they are seeking support, advice, or motivation :O)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Add me if you want.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options

Yeah, who seriously thinks a person can add 3lbs of muscle in a week? :noway: LOL I know it's hard, but remember you're in this for the long haul and don't let short term ups and downs frustrate you. Since you have a thyroid condition, well, your best bet is to talk to your doctor and a nutritionist about what you should expect. BUT, most likely your "gain" is just your muscles retaining water in an effort to protect and heal themselves from your brutal :smile: workouts. It happens, it's natural, it's nothing to worry about! Be patient with yourself!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Good luck OP! Most people seem to like it here better than WW from posts I've read!
  • ssyer
    ssyer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi ,
    I lost 69 pounds with ww, but the last 6 months it has ant been working so well for me either, so here I am secret is to keep going even when you have a bad week as eventually every pound adds up.

You can look at my fro file photos I have been at it for 19 months still need to lose 35 pounds, going down 5 dress sizes makes me wanna make sure I lose every single pound, I'm 55 next month and have only just managed to lose it, wish I had done it years ago then perhaps I wouldn't have suffered so much with all the medical problems I have had.

Anyhow good luck stick with it and it will work. You can add me if you would like support.

Sue
  • sunforme3
    sunforme3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me if you'd like! Finding MFP works better for me, WW wasn't for me although I hear wonderful things from other ppl. Good Luck!!!!
  • NancyStree
    NancyStree Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Did you up your calorie intake when you up your exercise??? If not you might want to!
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm an ex WW girl too. I lost 77 lbs with them when I was 18, but then fell into a relationship, got comfy, had some kids and gained it all back. I've tried WW a couple of times since, but they keep changing the plan and it's so annoying! This is day 4 for me on MFP and I have 121 lbs to lose. Feel free to send me a friend request.
  • tjay53
    tjay53 Posts: 2
    Options
    I will throw in with you if you need some encouragement. I am new to all this and i am hoping getting involved with others of the same mind will help. I am and archer, a shooter, a dart thrower. I like Mexican food and margaritas on the rocks. I like the outdoors. I intend to succeed.
  • ckseevers
    Options
    Thanks. I needed that. I lost 1 pound this week. Jillian's 30 day Shred workout combined with cardio is making me feel better too!
  • victorshnaydruk
    victorshnaydruk Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me) always looking to help ppl out and get motivation in return
  • ckseevers
    Options
    THANKS. Good ideas!