*~* Bride to be *~*

Options
Hello everybody, i was recommended this site by a work colleague, (not sure how to take it? compliment? lol) he knew i wanted to get fitter and lose some weight before my wedding, i am really unhappy with my body as it stands now, i am a size 12/14 which i dont think is a bad size but i would like to be a size 10 or 12 all over if possible lol! i am doing this for me and only me, i need to tone more, i have been going to the gym but not as much for a while, i love swimming but need to find somewhere local that i will use. I love my food and will find this very difficult but i want to achieve it! i need to get the motivation too! i hate drinking water, does anyone know a way i can drink lots more water during the day without it being just water? what do you recommend? i hope to meet some new friends on here so feel free to message me etc, i dont really cook as my fiance seems to enjoy it ;) but i do want to learn so any good recipes out there please pass some my way :)

thankyou for reading sorry for blabbing on x

Replies

• MaybeImNot
    MaybeImNot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I put lemon juice or oranges in my water. Makes it so much better!
  • TruSunshine
    TruSunshine Posts: 178
    Options
    Welcome Kel_bel!!! You've come to the right place! Good Luck and Much Success to you!
    BTW, I alternate my glasses of (plain) water with Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade flavor. So I drink 4 glasses of water and 4 glasses of water w/ Crystal Light
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    I drink club soda (carbonated water) ALL of the time. It's refreshing and the bubbles make you think you're drinking soda.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I too use lemon in my water (it really helps) - or put a little protein 2go/Benefiber Strawberry/other mixer to make it more interesting. If you like tea, try making some sun tea (with decaf bags if you're trying to avoid caffeine) - I can chug sun tea like crazy! :D

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Friend me if you like :)
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    i'm also a bride to be... 3 more months and i'm trying to knock off some serious weight before the wedding.. hopefully to just look better... but i hated drinking water too... but i knew i had too.. and when i stopped drinking so much soda i dropped a whole pants size just b'c i was no longer retaining so much water.. that convinced me i just had to do it.. sometimes i add lemon or crystal light flavors but most of the time i just drink pure water.. i just had to do it.. and i allow myself to have a few diet sodas a week, but mostly i just drink water
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure there are more of us girls from the Knot on here too. I dont know if you go on that site but theres also a getting in shape board.

I like putting crushed frozen fruit in my water with a tiny bit of stevia.
    Vitamin water zero cal xxx is my favorite. 4 carbs per serving though.
    Tea pretty much counts as water also so I drink lots of that.
    crystal light for the days I just need the flavor.
  • kel_bel85
    kel_bel85 Posts: 2
    Options
    thankyou ladies this is a big help! im already hooked on this site! :) im planning to get married on oct 1st 2011 so a long way yet but i want to be at my best and feel great x
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kel_bel!!! Congrats on your wedding! I am getting married in September and this site has helped with those last 10 pounds!!! You are going to love it!

I too drink my water with lemon, limes, cucumbers etc. Love to jazz it up a little.
  • kpaulsen
    kpaulsen Posts: 25
    Options
    I like the Nestea citrus green tea (diet). I splash about an inch of that into my glass, then fill the rest with ice and water. It gives it enough of a taste to not be quite so repetitive as glass after glass of water.

Good luck on your journey and your upcoming marriage!
  • chronosfire
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm getting married in a month, and this site has helped me so much! I'm down the 14 pounds, and lots of inches. You are going to look awesome and feel great at your wedding :)
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I too hate the taste of plain water so I use crystal light flavors. I especially am hooked on the Peach Mango Tea flavor.

As for cooking....I don't do much of that either, but Green Giant has those Valley Fresh Steamers that are amazingly good!! 6-7 minutes in the microvave & viola! A serving of veggies and dinner all in one....
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I agree w/ Nicolina. Vitamin water 0 and Sobe are good. It's more than just water but it's an alternative. Iced tea only has 4 calories too =]. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.
  • slh627
    slh627 Posts: 10
    Options
    i'm a newbie and also a may 2011 bride.. i joined on saturday and have already lost some weight.. very exciting!!
  • khursh8
    khursh8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Drink out of a camelbak water bottle, the kind with a straw. You can fill it up and take it anywhere, and for some reason, I always drink way more water out of this bottle than out of a glass.
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I joined this site after a work colleague (sp?) started a Biggest Loser competition. I never drank enough water either, but now find that I am hooked on Crystal Light.

I find the most helpful parts of this site are logging what I eat, and trying to stay within the recommended calories. Most days in order to do that I need to add exercise calories, which really motivates me to exercise. The Message Boards are a great motivator too...and adding a few friends...their positve comments on your progress really helps.

Good luck in meeting your fitness goals.