Underweight, stomach fat

Options
Ok, so i'm about 5'5 and 106lbs which is slightly underweight and i havent had a period since around October (about 6 months ago) i am trying to up my weight a bit so i am healthy and get my periods but i also want to lose the fat on my stomach here are some pictures:
side
photo15_zpse4a313cd.jpg
front
photo21_zps578e1b59.jpg
fat
photo20_zps028a34d9.jpg
looking up
photo19_zpsa8d3be62.jpg
side/front
photo16_zpscf6f44c8.jpg

Why am i like this? What am i supposed to do to get rid of it and get a flat stomach? What do i do to become healthy again?

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    It's probably due to either bloating from food or because of a high body fat %.

Eat above maintance, and lift heavy... build muscle.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd start building muscles and exercise more.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I hate to use the term but I'd say skinny/fat. You're underweight but have a high fat percentage because you've dieted to get a weight on the scale rather than build lean muscle mass.
  • amberrro
    amberrro Posts: 58
    Options
    Okay :( I've been told this quite a bit before but I'm really no good at it :( I can never make myself eat more because I feel guilty and I never have the energy to lift my kettlebell because I'm tired from work
  • chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I hate to use the term but I'd say skinny/fat. You're underweight but have a high fat percentage because you've dieted to get a weight on the scale rather than build lean muscle mass.

How do you know she dieted for this weight? It could just be her body type. I find your response to be unproductive.

OP, you look good, but I understand your frustration and i know strength training and toning exercises along with a well-rounded diet will boost your metabolism, build muscle, and ultimately get you to where you wanna be :)
  • chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Okay :( I've been told this quite a bit before but I'm really no good at it :( I can never make myself eat more because I feel guilty and I never have the energy to lift my kettlebell because I'm tired from work

Your guilt issues with food need to be addressed by a professional. If you work out, you're going to be hungry and need to eat, and if you can't eat enough, you won't hang on to muscle. You will be going in circles unless you can give yourself the nutrients you need.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    grab a PT tonight and make sure it's not a baby bump. i know that sounds throw away, but it's not.

also, up your calories a bit and start heavy lifting. muscles eat more than fat. you'll look better and feel better. also, talk to your doc about losing your period. this can be indicitive of a LOT of things and s/he needs to know.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you posted these same exact pictures a few months ago and received the same comments "You're skinny fat" "Lift heavy, eat more". It's been long enough that had you followed that advice you would've seen results.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    grab a PT tonight and make sure it's not a baby bump. i know that sounds throw away, but it's not.

also, up your calories a bit and start heavy lifting. muscles eat more than fat. you'll look better and feel better. also, talk to your doc about losing your period. this can be indicitive of a LOT of things and s/he needs to know.

^^THIS. BOTH of these.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You're pregnant.
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'd go see your gynecologist: 6 months without a period is worrisome. Missing one month is okay, but I don't think 6 months is okay to ignore.

As far as your stomach, you need to drop body fat (not weight).
  • KCGettinFit2014
    Options

You are also probably tired from not eating enough or well enough. I highly recommend upping your good calories and doing stregnth training. If your goal is to be healthy and look good, don't worry about the number on the scale. It is not a very good indication of health.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Eat more, with plenty of protein and lift weights to build muscle.
  • djfriedman81
    Options
    I would say you do not need to drop body fat instead you really just need to add lean muscle this can be done through heavy lifting. I would recomend strong lifts or I hear new rules for lifting (or something like that) as a good way to introduce weight lifting. Eat at a mild calorie surplus, but make sure it is high in Protein (1g protein / 1 lb of weight) so for you about 106 grams of protein. If you have trouble eating it. Drink it i a protein shake (2 scoops of most protein powders is 40 grams of protein) not very filling, but as an after lifting snack before heading home from gym will provide pleanty of protein at the right time and should get you where you want to go.

Other thing is are you sure thats not a baby bump?
  • peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Skinny people, especially younger skinny people, often don't have regular periods or get their period at all. It's not unusual at all, though you should talk to your doctor about it to make sure everything's in good shape. However, if you're sexually active you need to be having regular pregnancy tests every month to be 100% you're not pregnant.

Do pilates and yoga and you'll develop muscles in your core.

If you have feelings of guilt around eating and you're underweight, see your doctor and/or therapist because you might have an eating disorder.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'd murder for your stomach. Literally slice open a throat and watch them bleed just to have a little stomach like that.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you posted these same exact pictures a few months ago and received the same comments "You're skinny fat" "Lift heavy, eat more". It's been long enough that had you followed that advice you would've seen results.
    yep - most recent was a month ago, and even in that one someone posted links to her 5 other threads asking the same question.
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The missing period thing comes down to two options. You're pregnant or your not eating enough.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Your kettlebell? How much does it weigh? If you want to lose that belly you need to start a serious strength training routine. You are probably too tired from work because you are not eating enough. I have been on a break from exercise for health reasons, but should be starting again soon. When I was lifting regularly I had tons of energy and felt like I could take on the world. Fit it in. If you want to keep using excuses then you're just not ready to commit. That's ok too, it's all up to you.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

Then you just have to live with it....