Which exercise DVD gave you the best results

Options
I alternate between a few different dvds when in addition to the gym. The current one that I have seen the best results with is Inside Out Method.....what has worked best for everyone else when it comes to muscle definition and toning?

Replies

• rahzel20
    rahzel20 Posts: 9
    Options
    I do a combination of yoga (Denise Austin), Pilates (for dummies), Kim Kardashian fit into your jeans by Friday (this one surprised me but it was a cheap) and blogilates (an online one but it has videos). I really like mixing my videos up to prevent me from getting bored and telling myself "I'll do it tomorrow" because we all know where that excuse gets us.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    30 day shred
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    The one where I went to the gym, lifted a bunch of heavy stuff, and jumped some rope for a few minutes when i was done lifting. Can't remember the name, but I highly recommend.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10lbs doing HASfit.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Insanity DVDs
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    The one where I went to the gym, lifted a bunch of heavy stuff, and jumped some rope for a few minutes when i was done lifting. Can't remember the name, but I highly recommend.
    This, cept for me, it was the one I did at home.
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    p90x and body beast (currently doing)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    The Starting Strength DVD
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    DVD JM'S Body Revolution....
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

pretty much this

Any of the typical dvd's could be used for cardio exercise though. I would also think about using yoga/pilates style ones on rest days.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

pretty much this

Any of the typical dvd's could be used for cardio exercise though. I would also think about using yoga/pilates style ones on rest days.

real talk, i really, really like the P90x and X2 Yoga dvds.
  • GodsDiva76
    Options
    Leslie Sanson Walk at home DVDs
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Inside out is Great, Bob Harper is AWESOME!!
  • foxy59lady
    foxy59lady Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim 4 fast miles, Pilates for beginners and beyond, and Kettle Ball Workouts for beginners.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam and Bob Harper DVDs
  • glaecia
    glaecia Posts: 4
    Options
    I like "dance-y" type dvds. I love Zumba Exhilirate and Turbo Jam. But t also make up my own routines which actually give me the best results. I make a playlist with the music that gets me pumped. Then I do a pre-established routine to each song. For example, on Britney Spear's "Womanizer" I do planks during the verse and push ups during the chorus. For Beyonce's "Crazy In Love" I "power skip" across the floor during the verse and do side squats during the chorus. My playlst is 45min long and I burn more calories (per my HRM) doing MY routine than I ever do on one of the ones you buy. I think music is the key for me.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    For dvd's 30 day shred, extreme shed and shred, and P90 were my favorites that I've done. Insanity did nothing but give me knee problems.
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Chalene Extreme!!