Feeling full all day long but always under my calorie goal.

Options
Hello everybody!

I'm eating after the LowCarbHighFat diet and it feels really good! I'm finally losing weight again, i'm not all moody like a teenager and I feel energetic through the whole day!

>>>> My "problem" or "issue" is that I'm always UNDER my calorie goal (1,200 kcal) but I always feel so very full and never feel hunger pain during the day. I excercise ALOT so I'm afraid that my body will go into starvation mode.

Am I feeling all full and never hungry because I'm eating a lot of fat?

Replies

• AJRICE
    AJRICE Posts: 4
    Options
    I have the same exact problem. I am just working on a balance diet... Eat 6 times a day... roughly eating 1000 cals a day. I am not hungry... have plenty of energy. Only time I am hungry is after the gym. I cant imagine eating more. Not sure if I am eating the "wrong things"
  • caitlin15
    caitlin15 Posts: 28
    Options
    As long as you're at least eating and eating healthy then don't eat if you're not hungry. I'm not sure what your diet or exercise schedule is so it's hard to tell ya what is going on possibly. My hunger depends It's all on what types of food, how often you eat, portion and exercising.

I'll be interested to see what people say!

Good luck! :D
  • jabarih
    jabarih Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Tell me about this low carb/high fat diet!! I want to be able to feel full and still stay below my caloric goal. Right now, my problem is intake control! I am constantly eating and I never feel full. I work a lot so if I could control my intake of cals then I could lose weight. Right now, I'm just breaking even!!
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm in the very same situation as you! I eat really well throughout the day. I'm only avoiding high bad fat (not avoiding all fat) foods, fried foods, processed foods, bad carbs (white bread, etc), and processed sugars. I eat when I'm hungry (but not if that's after 9pm - then I'll just drink water) and I eat something every few hours. I'm consistently coming in around 1000 calories a day before exercise! Last night I ate Tbsp of peanut butter just for the calorie boost.

I'd really like to understand better when this starvation mode kicks in!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Let me add to the list. I have a really hard time on normal days to reach 1200. I am just not hungry. I have to remind myself to eat my afternoon snack/fruit..The only time I have no problem is that TOM. I am always hungry for about 3 days.
  • natalieshalom
    Options
    Tell me about this low carb/high fat diet!! I want to be able to feel full and still stay below my caloric goal. Right now, my problem is intake control! I am constantly eating and I never feel full. I work a lot so if I could control my intake of cals then I could lose weight. Right now, I'm just breaking even!!

What I do is following the LCHF as it is called. You eat good fats and alot of veggies. No pasta, rise, potatoes or other carbs like sugar. Sometimes you even have to add some extra fat to your food by adding butter or peanut butter. I eat a lot of creme fraiche and yoghurts and NO LIGHT PRODUCTS! By eating a lot of fat you change your energy source from carbs to fat and then you actually burn fat faster.

This is a good link if you want to get started: http://www.paleonu.com/get-started

You could also google LCHF!
  • badrianne
    badrianne Posts: 101
    Options
    I have this concern as well. What I do sometimes to boost calories it to eat a "trail mix" of 20 almonds and about 1.5oz of raisins. It's a snack and totals almost 300 calories. My problem has never been eating too much. I have the issue to the person in the "700 cals and still not losing article", so this 1200 a day is tough for me to reach at times. I am not even close to touching my exercise calories.

I would like to hear what other people have to say. I told a cousin of mine who is very healthy about how people say eat six meals and your exercise calories, etc, etc. She said "I eat when I am hungry and that is it" What is so wrong with that??
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I found this article incredibly helpful about the calorie deficit/starvation mode:

http://caloriecount.about.com/truth-starvation-mode-ft28742
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I know some days I feel full and am under my calorie goal, but then a few days later I am hungry all day. So I just listen to my body--if I'm hungry I eat and if I'm not I don't. I still make it a point to eat 3 small meals with snacks, but all the fruits and veggies don't add up to much. Sometimes I find at like 7-8 PM I am under my goal but I try not to snack after dinner. I'd rather break the habit of late night eating then reach my goal. I can always eat a little extra for breakfast tomorrow.