What type of protein bars do you like?

Options
I'm looking for something that tastes good, isn't super high in calories, with good nutritional value that helps satiate my hunger.

Ideas? Recommendations?

(Hint: I love chocolate and peanuts:wink: )

Replies

• TotallyNotBillNye
    Options
    tumblr_mhg7hjFmGZ1s1zyafo1_250.gif
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I like Cliff Builder Bars if I'm focusing on protein, and Zone Nutrition Bars if I need a light meal replacement on the go (not a practice I'm fond of, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do).
  • AlexB422
    AlexB422 Posts: 111
    Options
    Life Choice protein bars! They have Double Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Mint Chocolate. They are by far the best I have ever had. Make me feel like I'm eating a candy bar! Around 20-21g of protein and 190-210 calories.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    The ribsteak bar of course:devil:
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i do not eat them
  • smeadowsimhof
    smeadowsimhof Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i LOVE LOVE LOVE the luna lemon zest and the peppermint luna bars...i eat those as a meal. i know that is not the best thing to do but i have no control on my eating sometimes. and i eat them slowly...
  • Fit_French
    Fit_French Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Have you tried making your own at home? Way healthier than store versions and plenty of recipes out there!
  • vlnalto
    vlnalto Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I only really like chocolate mint flavored bars for some reason - it seems like peanut butter or other flavors have a weird gritty texture.

For 20g protein, I use Clif Builders bars when I have 270 calories to spare, and LifeChoice bars when I only have 190 calories to spare.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Quest.

Most protein bars are junk food.
  • cjburke12
    cjburke12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like the Luna bars. My favorite is Chocolate dipped coconut.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I like cliff bars, but you have to use them with caution. They do have a lot of calories. They're good if you don't have another option for post-workout nutrition.
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    Zone perfect: double dark chocolate or chocolate and peanut butter. YUM!
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    I really like the special K meal replacement bars( peanut butter and the double chocolate) They are only 170 calories and 10 grams of protein! A lot of other ones have a ton of calories. These are pretty substancial and they're really good too.I eat them as a snack on the go----not a meal replacement
  • x0_ncr
    x0_ncr Posts: 15
    Options
    Quest Cookie Dough.. It's a new flavor and I've only found it at one GNC I've been to out of like 5, but it's amazing and although it's still a bar, it's cleaner than most :)
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered Quest bars (sold at GNC) and I LOVE them !! Can't beat 20grams of protein, 170 calories, and 1-2 grams of sugar !
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    All of the Atkins protein bars taste delicious to me!!
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein - Chocolate Deluxe ( I get them at Target)
    180 cals: 17g Carbs, 20g protein, 2g sugar, 2g fiber

And they taste amazing!
  • bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Special K Chocolate Caramel meal replacement protein bar.. I definitely can't/won't replace a meal with it but I eat one after workouts
  • allysonvb
    allysonvb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Kellogs Fiber plus protein , mixed nut flavor. Yum!
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Luna bars are pretty filling - I like almost all their flavors. Odwalla bars are also good, though - particularly the Chocowalla and banana nut ones.