your best and worst exercise

Options
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WccjkbU8fiM

Above is a video of myself from a few days ago.

My deadlift has always been very good, my all time best is 480 x 1. Even now as I'm losing weight and some strength, my deadlift is still decent.

My most lagging lift is the squat. I have hit 365 x1 at a heavier weight, but in this quest to lose weight, my squat has gone down to around 245 x 5, which feels like a ton! I have to work twice as hard just to get back and even more so after that to blast past that.

Replies

• _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I used to think my best was always squats, but bench is actually my strongest based on strength charts.

I'm close to "elite" in every major lift but deads where i don't even fall in the "advanced" category.

Unless I blow a shoulder in the near future, I should hit "elite" on bench first and soon.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Squat is easily my best and bench is my worst (it's lower than my row and ohp).
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Either squats or bench for my best. It would be a pick em if my shoulder wasn't torn up. Overhead press for my worst
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I love the deadlifts, and I hate the OHP. Heaviest and lightest weights, probably the reason.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    OHP is my best by far. I'm not even sure why it's my best, I've been training it the least.

Squat is probably my worst. Always feel like something is going to explode in my knees or my hips.
  • vinchass9
    vinchass9 Posts: 36
    Options
    Thinking this over a little, my running endurance is probably my actual worst thing in training. I rarely run for distance, so my performance is poor.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I love the deadlifts, and I hate the OHP. Heaviest and lightest weights, probably the reason.

This! I have much more relative lower body strength than upper, so not only are my numbers smaller for upper body things, I feel like they're also much less advanced.

I also like squat variants, except overhead. I like the movement of overhead, but my shoulders give out frustratingly easily.
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Cycling machine, easily the best as I cycle anyway. Worst, anything that involves upper body strength (as I don't want to develop it since I'm not going to keep it up). So lifts, or burpees come pretty close too.