Remedy for knee aches?

Options
I really enjoy doing cardio anyting that is going to give me a complete body workout. I love to jump rope, use elliptical and other various exercises. Recently i noticed that when i move my knees in a certain directions they ache a bit. I've tried laying off any difficult exercises that would put pressure on my knees but it doesn't seem to be relieving the pain.

Any suggestions on what i can do?

Replies

• cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'D LIKE TO KNOW TOO
  • MsCoconut
    MsCoconut Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I take some excedrin, put my leg up on some pillows and try to keep my mind off of it.
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    I have torn the meniscus on both knees so I have some experience with achy knees!! Elevate, ice and take an anti-inflammatory. If you are finding that certain exercises are making them hurt you may wish to either modify the exercise ( I can't do a full squat or lunge to save my life) or just not do them for a while. Some rest might be good. Try swimming. If it continues find a good orthopedist and get it looked at. It could just be something "simple" like arthritis - I have it behind one kneecap ;-(
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Liquid Glucosamine has done wonders for helping my knees from being so achy. There are two major brands available but I recomment the Synflex because it tastes better... it has a citris taste so after i take it I just take a swig of orange juice and then I don't taste it at all anymore. I tried the glucosamine in pill form and did nothing to help me.

Advil (ibprofen) is an anti-iflamitory that will also help. Aspercream is a lotion that can also help (and it doesn't stink!).

I've had 3 knee surgeries and play soccer 4+ times a week, so I know how annoying knee pain can be!

-r
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    SAMe is another supplement that might be worth looking into. Some folks report really positive results with it when used for joint pain.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    For immediate relief I use Tiger Balm. When I first started really working out hard I had achy knees everyday. I've noticed that either my knees are stronger or I'm doing things in a better way because my knees don't hurt anymore. Tiger Balm works wonders on any achy muscle :smile: Don't neglect your knees in the warm up, do those knee circles. :smile: