So um, anyone else in college?

Options
Hi all! I am still pretty new to MFP and would love to have more friends on here to help support me and who I could help out too.

A little about myself, I am currently a college senior going on super senior status. This is my second go-a-round with weight loss. I had lost a lot of weight about this time last year, but upon moving back to my home town this past summer I gained all of it back and then some. I had really just stopped caring because I was comfortable with how I was so I stopped exercising and tracking my food. Most of all I started drinking beer A LOT more, I think that was another big contributor to my weight gain.
Anyway so I'm on the "Let's get happy with myself" wagon again and this time I plan on riding it to the end! I have quite a few obstacles that I have to deal with here everyday. Those range from all the grease bad-for-you food on campus to my friends wanting me to go out to some big fast food restaurant to those same friends wanting me to come out drinking with them. All of it leads to lots of calories that I don't need.

I am really looking forward to meeting new people on here on the same kind of mission I am on, to be happy with my body again. :)

Replies

• kriskris92
    kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm also a student and I just started using MFP again so it would be great to get to know a few people on here!

I just started doing Brazil Butt Lift and am trying to get my eating habits back on track because there has been far too much pizza, chips, chocolate and alcohol in my diet lately!
  • CowgirlAnnieOakley
    Options
    Hey me too! I'm a senior and I used to play sports and was active in hs so when I got to college I ate the same as I did then (whatever I wanted...) and then gained so much from stress eating. I just started mfp though and I'm pretty excited about it, add me if you want to! I'm basically running when I can and looking to incorporate some gym time as well, maybe through a class. But I'm def looking for some more support as well and I just want to get healthy and be happier with myself.

Good to meet yall!
  • Foxxy18
    Foxxy18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    College freshman, Name's Paige, 18, Commercial Writing major.. Feel free to add me(:
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    If you haven't already, do a search for "college students" or something similar. I know there is a group on MFP for students (though not a member personally), and there are many other threads with this subject. I've recently added several other college students to my list, so I know we're out there.

I'm currently a Senior myself, with one more year to go, then it'll be off to "trade" school for the final 2 (?) years.

Congratulations on deciding to "get back" to yourself!
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm a student at Texas A&M and I've been on this website for almost a year. It really is tough to lose while you're in college, and my loss has been slow, but I'm making it work :)
  • KReduced
    KReduced Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yay for college! I'm a senior...but it doesn't count because I have 3 years left until I will have my masters degree in Occupational Therapy! Would love for some more friends! Feel free to add me!
  • Shelbsta22
    Options
    I'm Shelbs! I'm in college.. I'm a sophomore but now I'm working on my paramedic. I'm 21 (: feel free to add me!
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm Sara, 22 (will be 23 later this year). Currently working on my second of three rounds of college. I've got an AAS in Marketing and currently working on my B.S. in Psychology and then my M.A. in Counseling Psychology focusing in Marriage and Family Therapy. Feel free to add me :)
  • suey07
    suey07 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Susan, 24 yrs old and in school for Occupational Therapy! Im currently on the keto diet! Ive been on and off "diets" my whole life and they've never worked. This time, I've lost 30 pounds and still shedding the weight :) Add me!
  • ponygirl004
    Options
    I'm a senior at USF and new to the boards!
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm Tessa, 21 and a senior studying Sociology. I'm going for my bachelor's now, then plan on getting my masters in Social Work.
  • _aubs
    _aubs Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey, I am Amanda. Super senior status here! Used to play bball in college and have now gained weight and got out of shape. I have had MFP for a while but am now startig to actually use it. Would be great to have some people to keep me motivated and vice versa. Add me and let's get our butts into gear!
  • jackieomara
    jackieomara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Me!! :)
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Mackenzie and I am a freshman in college right now majoring in political science! Anyone feel free to add me, I love having more support from people in the same general situation as me!
  • wheelerk12
    Options
    Hey I'm Kris, I am a freshman at CSUF, gotta love the elephant right? This is my second time on MFP albeit that I really hadn't given it a try the first time but I really am determined and set to losing weight and becoming healthy especially since I'm considering a career in law enforcement.:) I look forward to meeting new people who are just as determined to get to their physical peak and want to support all of you in completing your goals ^.^ So lets all work hard together and lose the weight we need to in a healthy way.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Yeah trying to reach your ideal weight/body is hard in college. Especially if your surrounded by parties. If you need help or anything, I am here for you
  • elleynn
    elleynn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just walked in December and I'm currently in it again for a degree in computer science. College can make you large, I packed on something like 30lbs over a four year period :(

I need lots of motivation and I am willing to give it. Good luck!
  • CaciaXX
    CaciaXX Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm a vet tech student, feel free to add me everyone.
  • SophieA9083
    Options
    I'm a music student, my first year and I am also new to MFP :)
  • stefaniealvarado39
    Options
    I'm a senior at USF and new to the boards!

=D I graduated from there with my Masters in Infectious Disease in 2009.

Currently slaving away at the end of my didactic education...About to begin rotations!

39538989.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods