I hate it when....

Options
I hate when the girls @ work ask me what I'm doing to lose weight and go out of their way to find out what I'm eating for lunch and then sit there and criticise(spell check) everything I eat. "oh why are you eating that!?".... "that isn't enough food" ...."that looks like fish food" referring to my cereal.... or they will sit there and laugh at me as they stuff their face with a hamburger that is 1500 calories as i refuse to try one of their fries... smh grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

So, this am, one of the girls that ALWAYS makes fun of how my cereal looks like fish food (Kashi btw) admitted to me that she has taken some of my eating habits and she has lost 5 lbs... DUH!!!!!

Then this other girl who mind you is about 110 lbs not fat, doesn't have any type of stomach/gut or muffin top keeps coming to me saying how she is not eating sugar for Lent and she has lost 5 lbs and how she's been running and working out... which is fine with me "good for you!!" I'll tell her; then i catch her looking at my stomach which I have successfully reduced and she smiles.. REALLY BI@TCH?!?!? she also thinks I'm weird bc I keep to a schedule of when to eat. Now call me crazy..... but I seriuosly think this girl only comes over to talk to me to give herself a confidence boost. She never stops to say hi or eats w me... Idk...

I guess I just don't like people making fun or ridiculing my efforts... Has anyone else been through this or understand where I'm coming from??? Or am I just over-reacting??

omg I can't type today lol I had to fix my typos!!!

Replies

• theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Haters gon' hate! Don't mind them, they're just jealous. Keep doing what you're doing and congrats on the evident success so far!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I don't know - kinda sounds like they're trying to connect in one way or another. How would you feel if everybody ignored you instead?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You're not overreacting. But these are not friends. You just need to deflect their statements without over thinking them.

Look at them. Smile. Ask "seriously?" or say "that's nice." Then get back to what you were doing.

"Have one of my fries." "Seriously?!?" Eat your salad.

"I've lost 5 pounds." "That's nice..." Continue typing.

"That looks like fish food." "That's nice..." Eat your Kashi.

"Why are you eating that?" "Seriously?!?" Read your book.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I've been a nurse for 25 years and have worked with primarily women.
    They can be vipers.

Don't pay them any mind.
    Stick to your game plan and be proud of your accomplishments.

Beat them to the punch.
    Don't wait for them to come up to you and make a stupid comment.

Be assertive, pick one or two things YOU want to say about your food choices, work-outs etc.
    Chances are, they'll tire quickly of fitness talk and won't have anything intelligent to add and will change the subject.

Or, you could invite them all to go for a walk during lunch or even come work out with you.
    Nothing shuts down a viper quicker than a confident assertive woman :wink:
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You're not overreacting. But these are not friends. You just need to deflect their statements without over thinking them.

Look at them. Smile. Ask "seriously?" or say "that's nice." Then get back to what you were doing.

"Have one of my fries." "Seriously?!?" Eat your salad.

"I've lost 5 pounds." "That's nice..." Continue typing.

"That looks like fish food." "That's nice..." Eat your Kashi.

"Why are you eating that?" "Seriously?!?" Read your book.

Like this strategy!
  • prettynotpretty
    Options
    Do your thing, be proud of what you've done and what you do. Don't let them bother you. They're obviously insecure and jealous. Take it as a compliment. :)
  • williecruiser
    Options
    Yeah, theres just 2 of us at work. I hear " is this not on your dieeeeet?" No support. Ridiculed sometimes. I have the last laugh though, I am losing weight and she's still fat. It does'nt bother me, she is very judgmental. Meanwhile today I wore a size smaller pants to work. YES!
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Ah, women. We can be our own worst enemies. This is why I don't tell anyone at work what I'm doing. I don't engage in discussions about weight, diet, fitness etc. I work with a woman who tries to sabotage others. Doesn't work with me - mostly because I'm stubborn and don't want to fall for her BS. I'm down almost 30 lbs and no one knows I'm even trying. It shows, but not much - I have a lot to lose. But honestly, if and when the first "have you lost weight" comes my way, I plan to shrug it off with a "I don't really know. I'm not keeping track". It's just better that way. A few years back when I lost 60 lbs, I found out the sabotager told anyone who asked her I'd lost 20, when she knew darn well I'd lost 60. Why would I share my victory with someone who clearly can't be happy for me? I've worked too hard for that. So ignore the jealousy. Be proud of yourself and keep doing what you are doing.
  • XxMsxBREEZExX
    XxMsxBREEZExX Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    She's a hater. That's all it is. My old job this slim girl would talk trash about me every chance she got. I swear it was because I had boobs for days and she's been a A cup all her life. I would igg her majority of the time but sometimes she'd get me to that point LOL! You'd think because she was in shape and didn't have my fat person issues she'd have self esteem through the roof. But you'd be surprised, most of their self esteem is lower than ppl like me with minor insecurities *wink*. Trust me when you get to where you want to be and looking fabulous she's going to hate even more. **** her and keep doing you! :drinker:
  • XxMsxBREEZExX
    XxMsxBREEZExX Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love that last statement! "Nothing shuts down a viper quicker than a confident assertive woman" I'm working towards that :blushing:
  • bosskitty
    bosskitty Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ignore the haters!
    Sounds like your doing great! :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    *****es.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    OMG...my first naughty word in the forums and it is all stared out!
  • AddyMaeMomma
    AddyMaeMomma Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well, before I decided to lose the weight, when I saw someone with a salad for lunch I'd say something like "oh, how boring!"...not because I wanted to ridicule them per se, but because I was jealous that they were making the effort and I wasn't. Now I'm the person with the salad and I love it! People can't stand to see someone doing stuff they wish they were able/willing to do. Keep up the good work!
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: thank you everyone for being there for me and for all of your words!! It's helped me look at things more clearer and now I know they hatin'!!! lol :laugh: **** dem hoes!!!!

:noway: i bet you that will be censored.... :tongue: :drinker:
  • sarahiriel
    Options
    they are JEALOUS

ignore them or you will fail!!!!