I hate water.

Options
I know it;s strange, but I hate the taste of water. I don't care if it's bottled, tap, or filtered. To me it just tastes bitter. I know that you're supposed to drink 8 glasses a day, but I can't bring myself to do it without feeling sick after just one glass. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Precious_Nissa
    Options
    I hate the taste of water as well so I spice mine up with crystal light on the go...i love the rasperry and pink lemonade....its only 5 calories per the regular size pouch and you cant tell its water.
  • BeeBee32y
    BeeBee32y Posts: 15
    Options
    I also hate water. In order for me to really drink it though itwould to be at room temp. I sometimes use the great value to go packets.
  • BeeBee32y
    BeeBee32y Posts: 15
    Options
    Oh and it's only 5 calories.
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    try drinking unsweeted decaffeinated tea. You'll get a little flavor the benefit of the antioxidants in the tea. It took me a little while to get used to drinking unsweetened tea, but now I don't like the taste of sweet tea (try explaining that to my grandma, though...). There are also lots of flavored waters out there, too. I try to stay away from artificial sweeteners for many reasons, not the least of which is that some give me headaches and others are rat poison. Good luck. Hope you find something that works for you.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I like mine either ice cold or flavored. Walmart has great flavors - cherry limeade, strawberry and fruit punch are my fav! If I'm in the mood for something warm, I make up hot decaf tea w/honey and milk. Also great for sore throats!
  • RNP247
    RNP247 Posts: 15
    Options
    Mee too, but I add some lemon or lime juice to give it some flavor. Also some fun stuff to do with water is to get some citrus fruit, slice it up and throw the pieces into a pitcher of water. Also cucumbers are really good in water so is mint.
  • Rhaeven
    Rhaeven Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Water gives me horrible, horrible heartburn!! Not to mention I really don't care for it to begin with. My solutions are to use the Crystal Light to-go packets, add some lemon or lime ( I like the True Lemon/Lime packets sold in the baking section of most grocery stores), making a big batch of tea to leave in the fridge-sometimes I dilute it as well, I constantly carry a bottle of water around with me, keeping it in my hands if I'm not doing something, I refill my Sobe 0 calorie Lifewater bottles with filtered water, and I also like to fill a pitcher up with water and add sliced cucumbers (sometimes limes and/or lemons too). These are all helpful in changing the pH of the water enough so it doesn't give me heartburn, and also improves the flavor. Sometimes even just a packet of Splenda to my water bottle will help. And no matter how I "fix" my water, I really prefer it to be as cold as possible...so I keep about 8 refilled bottles in the fridge, plus my Brita Filter...or the pitcher of fixed up water...

**EDIT** I forgot that I also like to add MINT to my water as well.. :)

Good luck!!!
  • SweetiePie3
    Options
    I hate water as well. I drink Diet Lipton Green tea when I log it in the food diary it only has 70grams of sodium...Taste great
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfo/water.html

I hate drinking water. I posted this a few days ago to help me. Hope it helps you too. :) I use crystal light packets or I add slice lemon or lime to my water.
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I fill up a 32 oz cup with water with a straw. It sits next to me at work all day. I take a few sips here and there are before I know it the water is gone. Once I get home though... it becomes a lot harder because I don't like to drink water either.