Ugh...wth....

Options
I binged. For the first time in months. I feel sick, both emotionally and physically. Why do I keep doing this?

Replies

• Rob777com
    Rob777com Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had to log 13 beers yesterday. I know the feeling.........
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I really don't even know the portions I ate. I finished off leftover Chinese food, a crap ton of puppy chow, some cookies.....
  • strflt
    strflt Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    For the first time in months?? That's great! I never make it 2 months without binging on something. :)

I think we all feel guilty and somewhat worthless after letting ourselves go like that. But keep that chin up! I binged just last week on awesome, mouthwatering cinnamon coffee cake and I felt like a waste of space. Half a cake--Gone. Once I got myself together though--like you will!--I threw out the remainder, realizing my self control for that was used up, and got back on the horse next day. You can do it, too!
  • emmymcq
    Options
    And the leftover Chinese was AFTER I already had regular dinner.
  • alisha0224
    alisha0224 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It is ok every now and then to "binge" eat. You do so well for so long and you crave and want everything that you should not be eating. Do not beat yourself up over it. We all need to break down and eat crappy once in a while. You have been doing great, keep it up!!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Puppy chow? Does your owner know you're on this website?
  • emmymcq
    Options
    For the first time in months?? That's great! I never make it 2 months without binging on something. :)

I think we all feel guilty and somewhat worthless after letting ourselves go like that. But keep that chin up! I binged just last week on awesome, mouthwatering cinnamon coffee cake and I felt like a waste of space. Half a cake--Gone. Once I got myself together though--like you will!--I threw out the remainder, realizing my self control for that was used up, and got back on the horse next day. You can do it, too!

Thank you so much for the kind words! I have zero self control around cake of any kind, so I applaud you for throwing the rest out! Trust me, if there was cake in the house right ow, I wouldn't be typing this. I would be eating it. Lol.
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options

LOL, I was thinking....
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options

^^ This?
  • emmymcq
    Options

This is puppy chow>>>>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppy_chow

And it is delicious.
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options

LOL, I was thinking....

me too... I was all 'wait... what?'
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Mmm.. Puppy chow! Now I want some :sad: And if I had some, I wouldn't be able to stop eating it until I had a bellyache! :sick:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

And it is delicious.

Ok that does look delicious. OP, I bet your "binge" was maybe 1000 calories. Which is not enough to destroy even a week of progress. That's not even 1/3 of a pound. Yeah, you binged. Oh well. Move on and don't beat yourself up.
  • Dangie515
    Dangie515 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    IT'S OK TO FALL OFF THE WAGON ONCE IN A WHILE. DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP.
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just ate 5 slices from a medium sized cheese pizza. I logged it... and by some miracle I'm still in my calories for the day (probably because I had a 150 calorie breakfast and a plain old PB & J with yogurt for lunch and I was gone all day so I couldn't snack). However, I'll probably go over my calories tonight when I have a snack for 100 calories or so, AND I skipped the gym to take my kid to tap a maple tree and learn how syrup is made... Not feeling like an all-star right now.

I wonder why it is though, that I seem to eat much more pizza than I would eat anything else and still not feel full? I'm pretty sure they must be putting crack in it.
  • Caligirl_92
    Caligirl_92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I totally feel your pain. I lost thirty pounds with great struggle, i happened to binge at least once a week. I got off mfp had a couple hard months and gained it almost all back. I rejoined the weight loss boat 3 days ago. so far so good. Very natural foods and 1200 calories. I know that sometimes it takes failing enough times till you just done with that person who you were. I am hoping the gaining my weight back and being mad about it was the ending point of binge days. Don't beat yourself up to much there is always tommorow to start afresh :happy:
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    It happens to me too...I have a tendency to "clean" my kitchen which is basically finishing off the little bits of everything. Trying to log a binge can be so hard too sine there's no portioning. Just know that you have owned it and can't change it. Binging today does not mean you won't be able to keep control tomorrow. Upward and onward!
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options

And it is delicious.

Ooooh ok! Yum
  • shadowfeet33
    shadowfeet33 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    for the first time in months is the part you need to congratulate yourself for. we can't fix the past, even the 5 minutes ago past. drink some water and forgive yourself so you can move on, starting now. do not beat yourself up. you can totally do this!!!!!
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    first off, congrats on not binging for so long!
    secondly, don't beat yourself up. your body probably just needed the extra calories. perhaps it's time to bump up your daily amount a bit?