Thinking of doing a full weave? Any advice?

Options
So I am thinking of a getting a full-head weave to give my own hair a rest. After I exercise, I use the blow dryer and/or chi iron on my hair. I know that this is way too much heat, especially on a daily basis. I've heard that either wearing braids or a full-weave is the best way to protect your hair. I want to do the full weave. What has been your experience? How do you take care of it? How do you wash it, How often it do you get it re-done, etc. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions you can provide! Thanks.

Replies

• mumx5
    mumx5 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Bump as I'd like to know this too :smile:
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    I've done the full weave only once I am usually the braid queen, however it wasn't a bad experience. More work than braids but it really depends what style you go for. I had a longer weave little under my shoulders with bangs, I washed it once a week. Depending on how much you sweat you can do more but I found the more I washed mine, it seemed to not have that same fullness and bounce as it did at first. I guess that depends on the hair too though, I paid about 90 a bag for 2 bags so not cheap but not higher end either lol. Depending where you live though too you may be able to find a beautician who will wash and keep it looking new for you as well. I kept mine about 2 months and worked out as normal with no issues. Didn't notice a difference in my hair though but again Im biased to braids lol. Good luck.
  • phdiva12
    phdiva12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you joyjay- you're really helpful. I think I will give it a try and see what happens!