What "fit person's" activity are you planning on attempting?

Options
I signed up for a 10k run April 27th. I am 282 lbs right now, I think I might be down to 270 by the race. I can run 1 mile in 10 minutes before I collapse, so I have a long way to go.

What "fit person's" activity are you planning on attempting?

Replies

• SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Rockclimbing and a Warrior Dash!
    Good luck on your goals!
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options
    i signed up for tough mudder (sept race). in training right now and so excited!
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options

Is that the same as a spartan race? I think that's what my gym is training for right now.
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
  • haanmom
    haanmom Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly "fit" already, but am training for my first half marathon in mid-May and, if I survive that without injury, a sprint triathlon at the end of June.
  • Tray424
    Tray424 Posts: 1
    Options
    I wanna do a Spartan Race. I went with some friends last year to cheer them on but this year I want to be one of the ones in the mud :)
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I have a marathon in about a month
  • chymerra
    chymerra Posts: 212
    Options

Is that the same as a spartan race? I think that's what my gym is training for right now.

similar; it's also an obstacle race. i'm in training for it right now and i can't wait until the spring when i can hit the trails and do uphill sprint training/weighted sleds!
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I want to take up fencing... I have since I was in high school. Once I hit goal weight #1 then I am signing up.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Mine is skiing. When I was in grade 8, the school took a ski trip and asked everyone their weight in order to select skiis. I was so insecure about telling anyone my weight (even though I was not overweight) that I couldn't go on that trip. Next winter...I plan to face that demon head on.
  • smiles210
    Options
    I'm all signed up for the Warrior Dash in July :)
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I"m signed up for the Emporers Run in August, which is a 1/2 marathon up the side of a mountain and back down again.
  • tearsinger
    tearsinger Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    http://5kfoamfest.com/index.php

It looks like so much fun. Since I can't run at all right now because of knee pain I am hoping the summer 2014 version will be mine.