Diet question...please help

p90xokc
p90xokc Posts: 66
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
So here's the deal, I'm contemplating getting a Jersey Mikes Sub for dinner tonight. If I get the one that I want, I will still be under my calorie intake goal by 600 calories for the day (this will be my last meal tonight). I will also be 11 grams under my fat intake for the day. However, I will be 56 grams over my carbohydrate intake and 30 grams under my protein intake. What does everyone think I should do?

Replies

• Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Eat more.

Is this a trick question? Are you looking for specific suggestions.
  • p90xokc
    Not at all...Just would feel a little guilty about going over my carb intake limit.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    I would feel more guilty going that far under my calories more so that going over on one macronutrient. Your body needs food!

I would just look at what you ate today to make better choices on carbs going forward.
  • ladysw357
    ladysw357 Posts: 43
    Remember that this is a lifestyle change-not a diet! Sometimes we will go over in categories, and fall short in others. If you really want that sub, and you stay withing your calories goals-go for it. Otherwise you will just end up feeling deprived, and perhaps that will lead to worse results that going over your carbs!
  • tlowder
    tlowder Posts: 21
    Double the meat for protein (as long as it is a lean meat) and eat it open-faced so you only eat half of the bread.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Yeah, I so far have not been able to focus on carbs/fat/protein. I try to stick to the calorie limits, eat more fruits and veggies, exercise 4 times a week and that is all I can manage to do right now.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    I just stick to calories, figure the rest will fall into place, I would eat it!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    doubling the meat and halving the bread sounds like a good idea-that way you get exactly what you want with more protein and fewer carbs-genius!
  • p90xokc
    I think I'll do that...all great suggestions...and yes, it is lean meat on the sub, and no bacon or may or anything like that.
  • mullensamy
    mullensamy Posts: 11
    I would feel more guilty going that far under my calories more so that going over on one macronutrient. Your body needs food!

I would just look at what you ate today to make better choices on carbs going forward.

Thank you so much for saying that! I sometimes feel like if I am WAAAAY under my calorie goal then I am doing great. But that's just not true- I see less progress when I undereat.
This discussion has been closed.