confused!

Options
so i've been tracking calories on here off and on for about a year. but i've just started looking more into the tdee stuff, net calories, deficits, etc. to get a better understanding of everything, and it's still so confusing.

mfp has me set to 1580 calories a day.

it says my tdee is 2080, and that my daily calorie deficit should be 500.

i exercised and burned 243 calories today.

my food diary says i've eaten 741 calories today (would have been more if i didn't do/log my exercise), and that i have 1042 calories left.
but on my homepage mfp says i'm at 538(net).

so should i be done eating for the day because i'm over the 500 net, even though i have 1042 calories left?
do i eat? do i not eat? what will happen if i go over my net?
so confusing & i can't seem to connect everything for it to make sense.

and if i eat the 1,042 calories, that including the 741 i've already eaten, my calorie intake will be 1783, which is far more than the 1580 mfp has me set to. if i eat all 1783 calories, will i gain wait.? idek!!!

Replies

• katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Your NET should be 1580, not 500. You are starving your body. Please eat more.

And MFP doesn't figure TDEE. Not sure where you got that. MFP intends you to eat ALL of your exercise calories.
  • ashmazuro6161o
    ashmazuro6161o Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    okay thank you!

maybe i'm just overthinking it, i just don't understand, if i eat 1040 more calories i'm going to go over my macros. i've opened up my diary. i'm just so frustrated. and i definitely don't feel like my body is starving, i feel like i'm going to pop right now!
  • LaLaAlways
    LaLaAlways Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    you need to eat more. food is fuel. Your daily total of calories to consume 1580 calories (dont go below 1200)
    when you exercise and burn calories you can add them back in and eat them too. so today you could have eaten a grand total of 1823 if you chose to. inbox me if you have any other questions. please eat more.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Enter your food. Enter your exercise. Eat until the bottom of your food diary says "0". Or run out of gas.

If you are driving to another state, do you fill up with gas? Precisely. Treat food as fuel. That's what it is.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    No, you won't go over your macros, because they should total your calories. You have almost 200 carbs left to eat. That's 800 calories. You aren't hungry because you have tricked your body into thinking this is enough food. You will also likely gain when you start feeding it, but you should do it anyway. You are far too young to already be subsisting on 800 calories per day.
  • LaLaAlways
    LaLaAlways Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    honestly though you may gain at first when you start eating more cuz you have been starving yourself but ones your body adjust to getting the right amount of calories and with your exercise you will start to lose.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    you are suppose to be eating the 1500 + whatever exercise you log. A deficit has already been factored into the calories. If you go to my home then goals you will see it. Here's the link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals