Zumba and logging

Options
I'm sure this question has been asked a billion times but here it goes anyways... What do you log Zumba as in the exercise journal if you do Zumba? I don't want all that butt kicking that just occurred to go to waste! haha Help please!

Replies

• KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Some one anyone? What does a girl gotta do to get some reply's around here?!?
  • DanaMcCrea
    DanaMcCrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just put mine under aerobics high impact. I didn't know what else to log it under.
  • Scotland_forever
    Scotland_forever Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    1) many people seem to advocate a heart rate monitor, the data produced is then input into your own exercise database
    2) multiple online zumba calculators exist, find several and make an average of the numbers produced
    3) it might could be logged as calisthenics (sp?)
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    Options
    Ok thanks!!!!! I need to get a HRM asap. That's a good idea Dana, thank you! I would think that aerobics and Zumba would burn around the same amount of calories, except that I find Zumba to be a lot harder (but then again I am 50 lbs heavier now then when I did it 10 years ago!) LoL Thanks for the responses :)
  • edkp58
    edkp58 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I literally was just doing this, because I did my first Zumba workout tonight. You can add your own exercise. When you search Zumba on MFP's exercise database and it comes up empty, towards the middle/bottom of the page you can add Zumba for yourself. You can use the following site to calculate your calories if you don't have an arm band (http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/ ). Hope this helps!
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I log it as aerobic dance, which seems to be in the right ballpark for Zumba.
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    Options
    I literally was just doing this, because I did my first Zumba workout tonight. You can add your own exercise. When you search Zumba on MFP's exercise database and it comes up empty, towards the middle/bottom of the page you can add Zumba for yourself. You can use the following site to calculate your calories if you don't have an arm band (http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/ ). Hope this helps!

Thanks for that idea!!! I didn't even see where it said add your own. Fantastic!!!