Attended a Funeral

Options
Well... a funeral so to speak.

While I still have quite a ways to go before reaching my goal weight, I think I can safely say that I've had one or two success stories along the way.

Most recent success story was attending the funeral of my size 16 jeans. I wore them until my husband started referring to me as Bilbo Baggins, because I looked like I was carrying a diaper on my rear. He went so far as to take a picture just so I COULD SEE (because I didn't believe that it was that bad)! And, well, he was right.

So, my old trusty blues were pulled out of the closest and passed along.

I wish I could say it was easy letting them go, but it wasn't. I felt a strange twinge of loss, and maybe panic. But alas, I did let go.

On the bright side, I had THREE people today (all out of the blue) comment that my face is thinner. Progress!

To all of you out there struggling, and like me struggling with the definition of 'success', remember that all steps that you take towards a healthier lifestyle count as individual components of 'success'.

Keep moving!

Replies

• Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Adieu, Adieu, Parting is such sweet sorrow:sad:

Good job:flowerforyou:
  • Akrion
    Akrion Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss....

Old jeans can sometimes be so hard to replace... but then again, there is no price to the joy of buying a new pair of jeans that just fit so well.

On another note, CONGRATS......
  • givemeakay
    givemeakay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Now they can go spread their hip and thigh hugging magic to another girl. They're not gone, you've just moved on ;)

Good job!
  • Darcyclementine
    Darcyclementine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good riddance! May they never darken your door again! :laugh:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I totally understand the bitter sweetness of this! haha I still have a pair that are too big that I keep in my closet... just can't seem to let them go yet. That being said, I don't wear them anymore tho! Good for you!!!!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • KevinsCatie
    KevinsCatie Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly certain that if I dont get out of my favorite jeans soon (hopefully very soon thanks to 30DS) that the decision will be taken away from me..... They are about to fall apart at the inside seams from wear (not a pretty picture.) Yet, another reason I decided to take this more seriously. Alas, they have served me well.....:cry:
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for the pep talk.
  • iwantdesperately
    iwantdesperately Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Let them go!!! That's what I'm going to do. From past appearances from previous weight loss I used my big clothes as a crutch so to speak. As I put back on the pounds I pulled something out of the closet that had gotten too big that is now comfortable again until even by biggest fattest clothes were again too small. Some one told me once if you keep them, you are keeping them to get back in them(insurance that you will have something to wear when you gain the weight back). This I have done so many times. Going to try a new approach this time.The salvation army can have mine!!!!! They will be a blessing to someone.!!! Big clothes good bye!!! This will ensure me to work harder to maintain my weight loss!!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you!!! That is an awesome NSV! Hopefully they went to a 2nd hand store or consignment shop and someone else will enjoy those jeans as much as you did!

I told my husband (he's dropped 34 lbs) last week that he had to retire a pair of dress pants. They were so baggy on him and it was ridiculous. We went out this past weekend and got some more shirts/pants in smaller sizes - clearance racks are great to find the deals...especially when this is just going to be a temporary size. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!