Lunch Time workouts

Options
When you are at work, what you do on your lunch break for exercise. I use to walk up and down the stair well or hit some tennis balls. I only have 45 minutes.

Replies

• JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Walk about two blocks to the nearest food court and back.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    When you are at work, what you do on your lunch break for exercise. I use to walk up and down the stair well or hit some tennis balls. I only have 45 minutes.

I have a Y .5 mile from the gym. I go there and bust out some circuits. It only take 15-20 min.
  • babyash89
    babyash89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 1 hour, so I usually head to the gym for a 30 min run/walk. My gym is only 1 block away! :)
  • rusta
    rusta Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have an hour, and the gym is right next door. I just got from busting out a cardio session!! I dont look particularly pretty anymore (red face, wet hair) - but i feel great!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I recently joined a gym very close to work. I have an hour or two. At the very least I'd like to get some good cardio (running, elliptical, rowing machine if they have it, etc). My face get RED. Bright, tomato-colored red. And a cold shower doesn't even bring it back. Seeing as I have to be presentable at work, anyone have any tips on bringing my face back to a presentable color (and no, being proud of working out and having a red face is not a viable option. I need to look like I didn't work out, or close to it). Ideas? Even with a shower and makeup (at least the BB cream I currently use) it is still BRIGHT red over an hour later. Even when I was in great shape, this was still just as big an issue. Ideas?
  • dandelioncoach
    dandelioncoach Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I get the red face too! I recently switched to working form home, which is inherently SO sedentary, I don't even walk to a car anymore! However, I have found myself getting lots more exercise during the day. I walk almost every lunch. I only get 30 mins, but I go as fast as I can, sometimes, I jog/walk intervals (I'm not a runner). I just bought a rebounder (mini-trampoline), and I can only bounce for about 2 mins at a time, but I do it throughout the day and try to accumulate 15 minutes over the course of the day. Today I also ran up and down my stairs as fast as I could for as long as I could a couple times. (as long as I could only ended up being a minute and a half. I have a standing desk (if there's anyway you can do this at work, I highly recommend it!), and I am currently shopping for a treadmill. I am looking for one with level handles, I plan to affix a shelf across them to hold my laptop and mouse, and keep the treadmill on the slowest mode. People burn insane # of calories doing this. and so much cheaper than an actual trek desk. Of course, there's always switching out the chair for a ball, too.