Hair loss?

Options
Has anyone who has lost weight experienced hair loss as well? I've been noticing that my hair has been coming out in clumps in the shower and I've had to clean out the drain a lot more often than usual. It's gross and unsettling.

I'm a 19-year-old female and I've lost about 30 lbs using myfitnesspal. I've been eating healthy - always 1200 cals/day or more - so I don't think the problem has to do with over-restricting. I am in my second year of university, which can be pretty stressful at times, so I'd imagine that could be a factor as well, but I had no problems with hair loss in my first year. I'm also prematurely grey (which, I believe, is hereditary).

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing with their weight loss. If so, has anyone had any luck with any vitamins/supplements in slowing down this hair loss? I always thought my hair would be healthier once I started eating healthier, but clearly this is not the case!

Replies

• witchieboo
    witchieboo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your diet is lacking in something.
  • frankensteen
    frankensteen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your diet is lacking in something.

Such as?
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Might be something else. Just get a physical and see if you have any deficiencies or thyroid issues can cause it as well.
  • echamin
    echamin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm experiencing that too. I guess it can happen with weight loss. I recently upped my calories and I noticed my hair is not coming out as much. 1200 is too low...did you fnd out what your TDEE is?
  • connie1208
    Options
    I just changed my shampoo/conditioner and my hair stopped falling..good luck..:)