5' ladies what's your daily caloric intake?

Options

Replies

• jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my bmr is 1516. I eat between 1550 and 1700 calories daily and have lost an average of 2 lbs per week in 10 weeks. I try for 30 minutes of cardio each day.
  • fitktn
    fitktn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies! This is very helpful. I've had in my mind that I should only be eating 1200 calories and that I should never eat back my exercise calories. Perhaps the reason I'm having a hard time sticking with it. It's so inspiring to hear that others my height are able to eat more and still lose. Thanks again!
  • fireant777
    Options
    You should figure out your TDEE. look it up on google and you can find a calculator that you plug in some info..

Your TDEE is how much you body expends in a day.. minus about 300-400 calories from that and I'm sure you will lose the lbs..

So many women.. like lots on here, think you only need 1200 calories a day.. IDK why women think this and if they eat less they will lose weight. that's not the case. If your body doesn't have enough fuel, how can it work to burn fat? It can't because it's in starvation mode and storing every last bit of fat, in case it needs some energy..

Dont be afraid of food. hope this helps and all you ladies START EATING!!

and to answer your question, I am 5 ft. and to maintain my weight i eat roughly 2200 cals per day..
  • Itza85
    Itza85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2". I started at 125, now I'm at 117. My current intake is set at 1290. I run between 40 and 60min a day, and do the 30 day shred everyday, plus on Sun started with power yoga. I lost 8lbs in a month. I don't usually eat back my workout calories.
  • Maribabewhich
    Maribabewhich Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • luckygohappy
    luckygohappy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, and I usually eat about 1400 calories a day, sometimes a bit more if I put in a hard workout.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I aim to net 1200-1400. Seems to work, one days I work out and burn 500cals or something I still will not eat over 1400 so I may net 1000. I was netting 1600-1800. didn't work.
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1200 net, meaning I eat back all of my exercise calories!

I'm 5 foot and weigh 110. Mine is 1200 because I worked out my bmr and tdee and then subtracted 300 calories from my tdee, not because 1200 is the magic number every one should use (which is false! Sense my sarcasm)

I suggest you find out your tdee and then subtract from that to create a deficit. And always go by net calories, not gross.
  • seekingfittoday
    Options
    I am 5'1/2" and 102 pounds currently. Aim for anything below 1,200 when I'm not exercising. When I am, I usually eat SOME of my workout calories at least and sometimes all depending on how hungry I am. I try to eat low though because I am a heavy drinker and don't log my drinking calories. So if I only eat 900 or 1000 one day, I make up for it in drinks that weekend, etc.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    5'2"
    Start weight 262
    Current weight 198
    Goal weight 130

Cals are set at 1200, i usually burn 500 cals a day & eat back half (tho one or two days a week i wont eat back any, and occasionally i eat them all bac). I usually eat about 1450 cals a day. I lose between 1-2 lbs a week, sometimes 3. I'm usuallynothu gry, tho i do crave sweets sometimes even after dessert :)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    5'2". If trying to lose, I aim for an average of 1150.
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Eating more doesn't always work for everyone. I tried it and only ended up gaining so I'm going back down from 1600 to 1300. At 1300 is where I lost most of my weight. I'm 5'3"
  • StusPrincess08
    StusPrincess08 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello I am 5'2 and my cals are set to 1200 but I try to stay under that
  • dgsloc55
    dgsloc55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". Daily calories 1200. Yes, I raise that limit based on exercise. I try to exercise 4 times a week at the gym, and walk or bike ride 2 other days. I have lost 21 pounds in one year, but really try to exercise and eat healthy for long term health is my main focus.
  • nayeliscastellanos
    nayeliscastellanos Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am 5'1.
    I eat around 1600 a day.
    Lost 28 lbs so far and have been eating the same amount of cals almost the whole time.
    I exercise and do eat back calories.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my recommended is 1300 which I sucessfully "loss". Currenty it's at 1500 calories and I'm "maintaining"--this is for med reasons though.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Hello I am 5'2 and my cals are set to 1200 but I try to stay under that

Why in the world are you eating less than 1200?!?!?
  • Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'd love some help from the other tiny ones. I'm 5', 150 lbs and my goal is 115. I've set my daily caloric intake at 1200. Just wondering what other 5' women have found success with. What is your daily intake, do you exercise, if so do you eat the calories burned. How long has it taken you to lose? Thanks so much!

I'm also 5" CW 155 GW 120 and my calories are set at 1500 now I had it at 1200 but that wasn't working (it usually doesn't for most people its not enough).... The other posters are correct eat more to weigh less :-) Good luck to you!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    5'-0" currenty at 182lbs. I was at 1480 but hit a plateau so I bumped up to 1500.
  • ramblinritz
    ramblinritz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 1500 is my goal. I have it set to lose 1/2 pound a week. I can't do 1200 or I get to hungry and have no energy to do my
    everyday activities much less exercise.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!