NUVA RING QUESTION **Lady Question**

Options
Iceprincessk25
Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
SOOO.....I broke down and got the Nuva Ring. I freaking love this thing so far. I was freaked out at the size of the ring but now that it's up there you can't even feel it.

My question is, those of you that have this, do you leave it in while you're having sex or do you take it out and put it back in later??

I know you're protected up to 3 hours without it in BUT I'm a little weirded out about it.

Replies

• Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I don't have that I use pills but a lot of my friends have it...I believe you only take it out just before your period starts?? I have heard of it falling out during sex though lol
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I think it's a personal choice. I leave it in, and if it's up far enough, your lover shouldn't feel it.
  • blondieswh76
    Options
    You leave it in during sex. I liked the Nuvaring but I was one of those women it fell out of. Now I have an IUD, Mirena.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Definitely hasn't fallen out yet so that's good! :bigsmile:

I would love an IUD but I hear horror stores about how it hurts crazy bad for women who have not had children yet.

Also, does anyone triple their rings? Putting new ones in consistently without taking it out to have their periods?
  • h_eloise86
    h_eloise86 Posts: 124
    Options
    I leave it in. That way I don't forget or anything.
    Lol, sorry. I have a terrible memory so I only take it out when I have to.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    My bestie leaves hers in. BUT. She may or may not have had some bleeding after some pretty ... intense ... time. So maybe if you know it's going to be ... a lot ... take it out. (Hopefully that was obvious and subtle enough!!)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    I imagine it's like playing ring toss for the guy! :laugh: :laugh:

Oh I don't do subtle so however you need to say it works for me!:bigsmile:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Leave it in. Only take it out for the week of your period and then put in a new one. He might be able to feel it, but from what I have been told, it isn't uncomfortable for the guy.
  • sarahricks
    sarahricks Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I always left mine in. Just check afterwards I had mine come out during once and didn't notice until I found it in the sheets.
  • Bthack
    Bthack Posts: 48
    Options
    I leave mine in. doesnt bother my man. he can feel it but its not that big of a deal. I LOVE nuva. i forget i am even on it. I was always forgetting to take my pill and then id get nauseous. ALso, ive done the research and if you want to skip your period you just leave it in the week you're supposed to take it out and put one in when you would put a new one in anyway. When you're on bc you're not even really having a "real" period. its just the walls of the uterus shedding (kinda weird but makes sense) i do this every other month and havent had a problem. My roommates gyno was the one that told us about it haha
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i have always left mine in,, i unfortunately had to stop using it,, when i removed it for the week i had migraines like you wouldn't believe
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Definitely hasn't fallen out yet so that's good! :bigsmile:

I would love an IUD but I hear horror stores about how it hurts crazy bad for women who have not had children yet.

Also, does anyone triple their rings? Putting new ones in consistently without taking it out to have their periods?

Ice-I used to do this after I had surgery for endometriosis. We were trying to preserve what fertility I had left (had surg at 21), so reducing the number of times I menstruated was the goal. Ultimately, it was successful. I'd go 12 weeks on, 1 week without. Four-five periods a year. LOVED it. And now, two children later, I've moved to the mirena. Haven't had a single period.

As for leaving it in during sex-my hubby felt it and enjoyed it. Just make sure it's still in afterward.
  • WonderNoodle
    WonderNoodle Posts: 549
    Options
    Place it. Leave it. Forget it. That is the beauty of it. I get SEVERE migranes with any oral contraceptives. Tried the patch, but due to my weight, it wasn't as effective as it needed to be as told by excessive periods. This has been a wonderful solution for me.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I've tried leaving it in in order to skip my period, and put a new one in the 4th week... my body just gets REALLY ornery at me and proceeds to bleed for 2 weeks. Now I just do as the directions say :)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    I've tried leaving it in in order to skip my period, and put a new one in the 4th week... my body just gets REALLY ornery at me and proceeds to bleed for 2 weeks. Now I just do as the directions say :)

HA HA! I've been triple packing my pills for years so my body is used to the 4 periods a year thing. I can't imagine having it every month now. That would be AWFUL.