30DS

Options

Replies

• gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I am starting tonight. Any suggestions?

Jillian does not do enough calf stretching in the initial warm up. Pause and stretch your calves! and then again at the end. I could barely walk for days when I first did the 30DS. :-)

She doesnt do enough stretching on anything. Sit on you legs and leen back (for a bit) to stretch you thighs too. Additional stretching has saved my life!

I have also noticed that she doesn't do enough stretching. I was really sore the first few days and then I started adding more stretches to my cool down. I haven't been over the top sore anymore since then. I still get the "just had a great workout" sore, but not the intense hard to walk like I did before.
  • marc_s_johnson
    marc_s_johnson Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Day 8 for me tonight, put on 4lbs after the first couple of days but it's all back off as of this morning.

Body is starting to feel sore now which is a good thing.
  • mikki1987
    mikki1987 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    did L1D6 this morning, feeling great with it. I'm gonna stick with it this time too, as I'm off from Uni on my easter holidays, nothing to stop me getting up and working out. By the time I go back I'll have broken my lazy habit and started a new healthier start to the mornings!
  • chall0688
    chall0688 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just got done with my first day of the 30DS. Hoping to see good results! :)
  • dunge0n
    dunge0n Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3. Feel free to add. :) I was sore day 1 and day 2. I am no longer sore. I have yet to do day 3. I am glad I started over the weekend so I didnt have to come to work all sore. I feel fine now. Didn't see anything change with energy level. However, day 2 I felt like I could do a little more and push myself a little more. :)
  • laudavis086
    Options
    I completed L1 D3 last night and this morning, my thighs are less sore but my left knee seems to be a little tender.
    Just hope i can stick with it!
  • meidie1980
    meidie1980 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 today, have probs with keeping my legs up in belly section
    as they are so heavy lol.

(and my knees are a little sore)

I'm with you all♥
  • laudavis086
    Options
    Is there anything anyone recommends for the knee soreness or will it subside? x
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of Level 1. I'm really enjoying it :smile:
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Is there anything anyone recommends for the knee soreness or will it subside? x

Try soaking in a tub with epsom salts and while your in there try to loosen up the tight areas of your knee by pressing on them..( and calves and thighs)This will be painful but necessary..Its what i do and it really helps take the knee pain away..Make sure you are eating spinach and or nuts for magnesium or taking a magnesium supplement..When i first started 30ds..My knees hurt a lot now hardly a bit..I am on level 3 I love it too..I have lost 4 inches off my waist..just measured today!!!:happy:
  • AbbieMelissa7
    AbbieMelissa7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Can someone explain to me what this workout is exactly please. I'm new to this and cant find much information about it. How long do the workouts last for and would you recommend it?
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Jillian michael's 30 day shred. You do three circuits which are 6 minutes each. Each circuit consists of Three minutes of strength, two minutes of cardio and one minute if abs. There are three levels. You can do each level for 10 days or at your own pace to finish 30 days. There are no breaks between the circuits. The full workout with warm up and cool down ends up being just over 27 minutes.

My progress so far Day 1 and then Day 17
    It really works!!
    08745F70-F7E5-4A2E-80DB-F6749D4F1D5B-20452-0000134470F49AD3.jpg
  • lorencrutchley87
    Options
    I am on Day29 now, I am so much fitter and have got massive results. I would suggest the epsom salts bath it works wonders when you are sore. I am looking to do another Jillian fitness DVD next as I think she is great.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Day 5 Level 1 tonight! My endurance levels are definitely higher and my arms and legs have more definition :happy:
  • MummyMikaela
    MummyMikaela Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Jillian michael's 30 day shred. You do three circuits which are 6 minutes each. Each circuit consists of Three minutes of strength, two minutes of cardio and one minute if abs. There are three levels. You can do each level for 10 days or at your own pace to finish 30 days. There are no breaks between the circuits. The full workout with warm up and cool down ends up being just over 27 minutes.

It really works!!

Thanks a amazing result! I'm on day one but fingers crossed!
  • MissJenn33
    MissJenn33 Posts: 131
    Options
    I'm moving on to L2D1 tionight. I'm doing each level for 10 days, 30 days straight. No breaks. I know people say you should do rest days. But for me 1 rest day can easily increase to 2 rest days and excuses and slacking. I can handle Jillian for 30 minutes a day. And I feel so much better when I do it. I make sure I stretch more and stay hydrated. I was sore for the first 3 days then it subsided. I wonder if I'll be sore the first 3 days of level 2. I guess I'll find out.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    keep stopping and starting :(
  • bandladyjen
    bandladyjen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did Day One Level One last night. I had a little trouble with some of the ab stuff but other than that I kept up pretty well. It will probably feel worse tonight because I have a few sore muscles.
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    There is a large group of us starting NEXT MONDAY 25th and we have a support group if anyone would like to join us?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12856-fit4life-7-s-30-day-shred
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options

It really works!!

Sweet baby Jesus! O_O

That is a knock out result. If I can get half of that I will be over the moon!

Can I ask what sort of calories you were eating during 30DS? x